1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting over gay crush?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Water lover, May 28, 2014.

1. Water lover

Water lover Guest

So first of all I go to a small high school for advanced students. It doesn't leave me for a lot of friends and I am gay. My worst nightmare just happened and that us I just got a crush on my best friend who is straight( I think). This is a major issue because I do absolutely everything with him and his group of friends. He thinks I like one of his best friends which is a girl and I don't really want to get into a relationship with her but if I don't people will start to question my sexuality. Back in topic the boy acts rather gay and I am confused on what to do. I am not ready to come our so I don't want a crush on someone I can't know if there gy without coming out. So my question is how do I stay friends with all of them and get over the fact that I have a very large crush on the main guy in the group of friends without losing ten as there are my only real friends lol that's sad. ( one nice thing about the school I go to is everyone there is pretty accepting considering half of them have problems them self.)

2. UsernamePending1

Vancouver[Mon-Fri]-Calgary[Sat-Sun], Canada
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello there :slight_smile:. The same thing happened to me, and I guess just do what feels right, but try not to go into that relationship just to hide, because that's what I did and it didn't make things any better.

And a crush? That I really don't know what to do, as it's not like I'm any better at getting over people..

3. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well just come out to your best friend if you two are really close but dont show any signs to him that you like him unless he did otherwise it will ruin the whole friendship
    if you dont want to come out to him or anyone else and you want to forget about the crush i dont how as i already have a crush on a friend and im having the same problem im coming out to him soon anyway but im doing what i told you
    as for dating the girl to hide it dont do it trust me will make things worse to you and for the girl you will hurt her that way instead be friends with her girls are more accepting than guys if you want someone to talk to thats what i think cause most girls i came out to were accepting and had no problem in fact we had more in common that way we both like guys^-^

4. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well... you have two options

1) You somehow progress this friendship you have with this guy
    2) You do nothing and pretend your feelings don't exist

Now... I think option 2 is possible, but it is awfully repressive.
    If you want to find out more about the sexuality of your friend, there are ways to do that...

Try and talk to him more, be friendly and get a bit closer to him. When the time's right, you can bring up LGBT topics subtly to see how he reacts (like, "I heard X country recently legalised gay marriage" etc.
    If you get close and feel you trust him, you can come out to him and hopefully then he'll be a bit more open with you about the issue.

Now, if you do find out he's straight, you just need to move on. Find someone else, hang out with other friends, do new things to distract yourself etc.

I wish you all the best :slight_smile:

5. Water lover

Water lover Guest

Ok thanks guys I am confused but at least now I have a small gameplay for the months ahead that includes a little but of everything talked about.