1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I not ready for a relationship?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ChromeNerd, May 29, 2014.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I recently created an account on a dating site. I was super anxious about it afterwards. I don't know if that's because I joined a sketchy site or I'm not ready to date. I kind of wanted to date as change my life situation, but I guess I'm not ready.

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You've taken a fairly big step and it's natural to have some anxiety, but that doesn't necessarily mean you are not ready. There are many situations in life where you might experience a level of anxiety immediately afterwards, this is just one of them.

You were ready enough before you created an account, so why would that change as a result of completing the process?

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You definitely have to be able to love yourself and believe in yourself in order to have a healthy relationship... you can't love anyone else any more than your ability to love yourself... so if you're seeking a relationship in the belief that doing so will make you love yourself or feel worthy, that's not going to work in the long term.

On the other hand, if you feel like you are worthy and do have love for yourself, then reaching out and starting the dating process is a good thing, and some anxiety about it is normal.