1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to move forward

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sesshomaru, May 30, 2014.

1. Sesshomaru

There's this guy that I met about a year ago just on the grounds of a hook up and we both loved it. Well one thing lead to another and we ended up dropping it at that, just a one time fling. At the start of this year however we got back in touch and started hooking up on a regular basis which was awesome, until I started developing feelings. I asked him out for Valentine's Day and it turned out he had started seriously seeing someone and broke things off with me which left me kinda heartbroken.
    A month later in March I tried texting him to see how things were going and he said things were going great but he couldn't talk to me anymore out of fear it could damage building his new relationship. Of course I still wanted him as mine but I understood his point and let him go...until he texted me randomly about 2-3 weeks later. While it shook things up quite a bit it made me ridiculously happy to hear from him again. We ended up meeting up later that day and it turns out he and the guy had recently "broken up" as in broke things off just two days before he texted me.
    Now to the dilemma. We've been seeing each other frequently ever since then and things are getting serious between us yet at the same time they aren't. We've both admitted to each other than feelings have developed on both sides. We've basically become boyfriends without the label. We see each other just about every other day, talk every single day, and he even just recently met my mom. I introduced him to my friends a while ago and they all love him compared to my ex. He even just had a conversation with my best friend a few nights ago on my birthday about us moving forward and becoming official since it's a bit obvious we both want it to.
    Our problem? Last night he came over and we talked and he admitted one of the main things making him hesitant about dating me is we come from two completely different lives. I grew up with a very shitty childhood where my mom was just a horrible parent, whereas his family has had quite a few ups and downs but they're also rich. Like lives in a mansion kinda rich. While I do understand the lifestyles are entirely different I do care about him enough to try my best to make things work and I think they will. He's skeptical on the other hand that there is the chance that things won't work out and that if they don't it will end horribly. How do I go about getting him to just give me a chance? He doubted we would ever be anything more than fuck buddies when we first started out and I mean we've now come to the point where we're going out on little day picnics and rolling around cuddling in public simply because the chemistry between us is amazing. I want it to be so much more though. I want to be able to have him hold me and know that I'm his and he's mine with the added bonus of being his boyfriend instead of just exclusively seeing each other but refusing to define it.