1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My sister has some weird issues with gender expression (small rant)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by jeweledweevil, May 30, 2014.

1. jeweledweevil

Out Status:
    A few people
    So when my younger sister and I were growing up, I was the "tomboyish" one, while she was the one who was traditionally feminine (dresses, tea parties, makeup, etc). Anyways, she eventually went to cosmetology school and works at a hair cut place. If I go to get my hair done, she'll refuse to cut it the way I want it, short, and will go for a longer short pixie cut, saying how the way I want it, I'll look like a butch lesbian. I finally stopped going to her, and just started cutting my hair myself. Then, I saw her the other day at my parents' house, and she asked if I was wearing my husband's jeans, and I said I was because they're comfortable and have pockets, even though they're a bit long on me. And she's all, no they're just really manly! I really have no idea what her issue is, it's not like I'm wearing something overtly masculine like a lumberjack outfit. It's jeans and a t-shirt. Gah It's just so frustrating.