1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not supported at home anymore. Where to turn?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Belkeseri18, May 30, 2014.

1. Belkeseri18

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I officially came out of the closet on march 23 to my mother. I am starting to think it was the biggest mistake I have ever made. Since coming out, I feel more alone than ever. I am surrounded by my family members that simply tolerate me, and don't understand who I am. I am constantly reminded of the fact that I am a sinner, that the fact that I have chosen to embrace who I am and find my own personal truth will damn me to hell. I am surrounded by people who make me feel completely alone. My family make me feel guilty and ashamed of who I really am inside. I am not sure what to do anymore. I have no job, no money, no car, and no where to go. I feel completely trapped. Will this ever get better? How do I make things better.

2. Hyaline

I am certain it will get better.... B

But your post makes you sound like a defeatist rather than someone who is motivated to move forward with your life. Nobody is going to make things happen for you. This is extra true when your family simply doesn't understand you and is putting up with you at the moment. Sounds to me like it is time to get a job and begin the process of starting your life. Once you get a job, the car and place of your own will fall into place in their own time.

Know that people are out there that love and support you even though we've never met you. It will get easier, but it will likely get harder before it gets any easier. Just make a plan and make it happen. If not to rub it in your parents face, but to prove to yourself that you can achieve anything you set your mind to...

(*HUG*)

3. tulipinacup

I'm really sorry that you have to get through with all this. Do you know at least one person who you can talk to? Like what Hyaline said, don't let this defeat you and instead,use this to make yourself stronger (and I think I know you are). Maybe you could try applying for a fastfood chain. It's not going to be big but at least you can earn your way in the future.

Good luck.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Stick with your friends. You can't choose your family, but you can choose your friends. +1 to getting a job. Financial independence will really help you get past your family's disapproval.

5. black-cat

Firstly.... *HUGS*

Stick with your friends, and do your very best to earn your own income-your first steps to being able to live independently. If things get worse, can you stay with friends or another family member? Depending on where you live, there might be refuges (Think women's refugee) but for men, youths or those who are gay.

Unfortunately a lot of people on here have been in your situation. Good luck :slight_smile: