1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best girl-friend likes me ...but I'm gay

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by unknownjourney, May 31, 2014.

1. unknownjourney

I'm not out to anyone. I'm not ready yet , but how do I subtly hint that I don't like her the same way? we pretty much do everything together and we are both songwriters. Once upon a time she was writing lyrics and started looking at me and reading the lyrics she wrote which went along the way 'I can't believe I'd find love in a weird place , being with you is so right' something like that and it scared me real bad.:icon_redf I do think about kissing her and all that but it doesnt feel right to me. She would always message me and all that and even stopped dating guys! Has Anyone ever faced a similar situation? please help D:

2. brbrow5

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The same thing happened to me. My best friend since I was 3 kind of always liked me as we grew up. Our parents used to say that we would get married some day. In high school, it went from playful crush to her expressing interest in me directly. Not wanting to lose my friend, I had to come out to her, even though I was not out to anyone else yet. It was a lot for her to take in and we didn't really talk about it that day. But now our friendship is even better than it was before. If you want to take that route, it has worked out tremendously for me. However, if you don't feel that you are ready, maybe express interest in another girl to let her down in that way. The end result is that you want this friendship to remain just that, so this option should work as well.

3. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well that happens alot with me since i flirt with the ladies alot so some of them get it wrong the only way to do it is to say that your gay to her im sure that girls are so accepting about this
    so tell her even though at first she will get hurt a little because she liked you but she will get over it dont worry because its better than leaving her dreaming that one day you two are going to be together i know how girls dream trust me i lived with 4 of them so break that dream before it gets bigger she has the right to know if she likes you that way

4. shortie

Maybe you should just tell her you're gay? Better now than later. Anyways, most straight girls I know go nuts over the idea of having a gay best friend. She might insist upon making you go shopping with her but you should be okay in the long run. She'll be glad that you told her. ^^

5. Jiramanau

Out Status:
    Some people
    You have to come out to her. Tell her she's your best friend and you love her but your gay, explain to her why your not out but that your bringing her into that part of your life because you care for her and don't want her to get hurt. Even if she didn't have feelings for you its hard to not be out to someone your that close to.

6. unknownjourney

Sorry guys for this ridiculously late reply. I came out to her and everything went well. She was like , I'm not surprised ! so its a huge relief. Sometimes , I still get these looks from her? She somehow looks at me like she's attracted to me and it kinda scares me. We always do things together and everyone thinks we re going out . How do I make it appear that we are not?

7. Otaku

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i used to have the same probleme (twice), just tell people that you're not going out with her , and that she's your bestfriend that's why you're always together , even if u tell only a few people they'll pass the news to others , other than this there isn't anything much to do

8. julianne

I dated a guy for ~6 months before he realized he was gay and broke it off very suddenly. I liked him for almost a year before we even started dating, so it was really weird and unexpected, and took a lot of time to get used to it.

If she really did like you her attraction isn't going to go away right away, even if she was really accepting. It was really weird with my ex for a while, but once I got used to the idea of him being gay my attraction went away and we could be good friends again. Hopefully that will happen with you two as well!

I'm really proud of you for coming out to her, that was a great first step :slight_smile: good luck with everything!