1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sick of my mom harassing me because of my sexuality.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Closetlesbian99, May 31, 2014.

1. Closetlesbian99

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Last night I got in yet another argument with my mom about my sexuality. She told me I was "unnatural and weird," compared being gay to having 6 heads, and me I'm "ruining the family." She won't listen to any of my reasoning because "I'm just a STUPID KID!!!!" and I can't take this anymore. I just want to get the hell away from her and my dad but I can't because of my age. :bang:

2. shortie

I'm so sorry. :frowning2:

I think part of the frustration parents feel is knowing that there's gonna be strong prejudice against their child throughout life. Your parents love you more than you think they do. (My mother tells me the same things sometimes, but not because of my sexuality.) I don't know if that's the case here because I don't know you or have context on your situation. If your parents ever make you feel unsafe, get help.

You could try guilt tripping your parents? Tell them that you wish they still loved you or that they don't love you anymore. Tell them that you didn't choose this and that you don't know what you're doing wrong. If you could change, you would. Bring on the water works. Just make them see how fundamentally they're hurting you.

Of course, you might have already tried saying those things. I don't know your folks, so as far as I know it might just agitate them further. All I can say is good luck. <3

If you're in the Bay Area, I know of a few support groups you could visit. Maybe see a school counselor or something if you can't? Stay safe.

3. lovely lesbian

I'm so sorry you are going through this

4. You're very young and sorry I think you're too young to come out.
    Since it's declared, I suggest you finish school and and get a job.
    Your mom should accept you for who you are eventually. :icon_bigg

When you're done school, you can be free from your mom.

5. Najlen

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Maybe you could talk to them, or if you don't think that would work perhaps they would be willing to look at the PFLAG website? If you are worried about getting hurt it might be best to have someone there when you talk to them. I agree with shortie, they could be acting this way because they're worried, but that might not be the case. Good luck!

6. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have a talk with them about how you feel and have someone else there (maybe an adult who can back you up) not just as moral support but to also help you out. Try to introduce them to PFLAG.