1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why would he text me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Skov, May 31, 2014.

1. Skov

Hey everyone,

I'm just looking for some views on a little situation involving a guy I was seeing.

Background:
    I went on like 4 dates with this guy over the course of about a month. We could only see each other on weekends because our colleges were about 45 min apart and we were both busy during school. Anyways, things were going well, but after one of our last dates he started talking different to me. I knew something was up, and on our next date, he said he didn't think we should see each other anymore because he wasn't over his ex, but that we could still be friends and that stuff. His last think he said was to "keep in touch." Usually that never happens.

Then, a week later, I saw him on ###### looking for a relationship. It just confirmed that it wasn't that he wasn't over his ex; he just didn't want a relationship with me which is understandable because I made a few mistakes :bang:

Anyways, he texted me a week after this saying, "Hey, how have you been?" It turns out that he was at a friends wedding. He said, "It's weird seeing friends getting married." I ended the conversation pretty fast, but what was weird was he was mimicking my response times. For example, I waited over an hour to respond to his first one. He waited an hour to respond to that. I waited 20 min; he waited 20 min. The only thing that irritated me was when I said I had to go, I told him to have fun. I didn't get anything back. Like seriously, not even a you too?? He started the conversation.

--

So, my thoughts are:
    1) He honestly was just "keeping in touch." I doubt this though.
    2) He was feeling lonely at his friend's wedding. I think this is pretty plausible, but I don't get why he would text me. After all, he was the one that ended it.
    3) He could have been drunk. Which again, I still don't get why he would text me.
    4) Maybe he misses me? I know it's probably wishful thinking on my part, but I feel like we did get along well. Our date ended so well, and it was just like the flip of a switch the next time I talked to him.

So, what do you think? I've probably over analyzed this way too much, but it's just bothering me.

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nothing wrong with talking about it and making some speculations.
    Maybe I'm just cynical, but I feel like your second thought is correct. Maybe he was just feeling lonely when he saw two people getting married, and he thought he could still count on you for some affection.

It's sad that it went downhill so fast, but he had many opportunities to fix things before they became really bad, and he didn't take them.

3. Dexter Colton

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dear friend

All the things you guessed happened all seem plausible. If you are interested on truly. Finding out ask him that you guys should meet up again like over coffee or something else. While you are having whatever you are having bring it up in the conversation.The key thing here is to not freak out. Be calm and firm with him. Ask anything and fill me in with anything else you find out

Good luck
    -Dex

4. Skov

See that's what I was thinking, but don't understand. He broke it off and wanted to see other people. I'm just so confused as to why he would want my affection.

And the ending itself was really confusing. On our 3rd date, I partied with him. We had an awesome time and we slept together (I didn't have sex with him, we just slept together). We made out in the morning before I left and then when I was texting him later that night, I could just tell something was off. On our next "date," he broke it off. It just makes no sense.

---------- Post added 31st May 2014 at 11:54 PM ----------

The main problem with this is that he lives 45 min away, and I doubt he'd want to meet up. I wouldn't freak out. I know I probably sound like a crazy bish from my posts haha, but I'm pretty level headed. I just get irritated when I don't know for sure.