1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guy acts different when drunk/high... Does he harbor secret feelings about me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ALilConfused, Jun 1, 2014.

1. ALilConfused

So basically, there's this guy who I'm really good friends with that's one of the few people that know that I'm interested in men.

As the title describes, he acts different around me depending on whether or not he's drunk/high. When he's sober, he acts completely normal and doesn't really show any interest towards me. He usually goes out of his way to describe how almost every woman we pass is hot in some way, to the point where it kinda comes off as forced.

When he's drunk/high, he acts really weird... He'll sometimes get really touchy with me, invade my personal space, call me pet names, say I look good, smile and stare at me a lot, etc. Of course, he always claims to remember absolutely nothing the day after he got high/drunk.

Why does he act like this? Shouldn't he be acting this way towards women if he's drunk? I don't understand.

2. Jiramanau

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, its Hard to say. He could just be messing with you because he's loaded and its fun, or he might not be able to admit something to himself.
    My method of dealing with my best friend whenever he makes a joke involving my sexuality is to one up and or shock him. Like when I shaved my beard off and he said ''you look thinner like that, their gonna be all over you at hanks'' I said 'aww baby you called me pretty' and totally though him off.
    If he got flirty with me like that i'd probably make a pass, maybe even kiss him. I say if he starts it the only way to sort it out is escalation

3. Hyaline

I agree, playful banter right back at him. Odds are he might have some feelings, but they might not be strong enough for him when he isn't in liquid courage... Next time he compliments you, complain nobody will kiss you... See if he kisses you.. :wink:

4. ALilConfused

Now that I think about it, he sometimes acts strange when he's sober, too.

For example, when I'm in his way, he sometimes puts his hand on my hip to make me move. Why doesn't he just put his hand on my arm or ask me to move? It just seemed strange for him to touch that area of my body.

5. confused1234

Drunk actions are sober thoughts...

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I tend to agree, and I don't really believe he forgot what he did.

Why don't you ask him why he's hitting on you if he likes girls?

7. Dactyl

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I agree with the others. You should play along with his banter and see how far he takes it, that'll show you if he's serious or not.

8. ALilConfused

How do I flirt back?

9. frxstrating

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Just respond to how he acts.

Duh.

10. Hyaline

if he gets extra flirty and invades your space, pucker your lips like you want a kiss and close your eyes and see what he does.. :slight_smile:

11. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do the same things. Smile at him, say he looks good, call him a pet name, get touchy with him.