1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hope after rejection?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by RainbowGreen, Jun 1, 2014.

1. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So it's been a little more than more week since my crush said he didn't want to go to prom with me. Well, he doesn't want to go to prom with anyone, it seems, so I shouldn't feel too bad about this point. At least, it seems he really decided to go after all, and he told me all about his costume. He still talks to me like nothing happened, though I guess he wonders about my intentions sometimes. We didn't speak of the incident since it happened and our friends do not know about it (except one, because he made me say it:dry:slight_smile:.

We're still doing teamwork together and stuff, but the year is almost over... I hate it because we're both going to go to college in different cities (which are one hour and half away, by the way) and we won't really be able to see each other often. I still get bi vibes from him, I don't know, his sexuality is pretty unclear to me. I just can't give up. I'm still hoping he'll reconsider after prom, even if it has to be by internet and long distance.

My family said that it is a pretty big deal at that age to come out, and I understand that, it's just that I feel it with this guy. My stepdad also said that my mom said no to him several times and that they are together now, for more than a year.

Any of you have anything to say? Do you think it's possible? Did something similar happen to you? Please, I need to talk about this.

2. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I remember your other thread and I think it's possible that he likes you as more than a friend. The way he turned you down for the prom made it seem like it had more to do with him than how he felt about you so I think there's still hope there. I don't think you should push him on that though -- just continue to be the best friend you can to him and see if he opens up to you after some time.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

3. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yep, that's what I felt from that, too. I made it clear with myself that I would not talk about this unless he initiates the conversation, so I don't seem pushy or clingy. It's not my intention to push him out of the closet if he's in it to begin with. Though, I don't wonder what he did with the rose, since he did take it. I guess I'll know more by the end of the year since he is going to after prom, so we'll probably both drink a bit :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Damn, it seems he made another convo on Facebook without me in it. (Our group has a convo on which we talk together, we're 10). Though, I'm not the only one not there, they're only four, but still... I can't help but feel hurt about this, even if I do admit I post dumb things in our usual convo (that is still open, by the way). I hope it's all a bad joke.

Though, I don't know what to think at all since we will be sitting at the same table at prom (he wrote my name there) and he told me all about his suit. It seems he talks to me about prom a lot.

Edit: Oh! And I forgot that one of our friends said to me: ''You two would make a great couple''. When I asked who, he said it was with another guy he knows I don't like to pass it off as a joke, but I don't know if he really meant me and my crush (other people were around, so maybe he didn't want them to hear?). Heck, I don't know if my crush asks for advice to anyone in our group about this! Maybe he does or something?

#4 RainbowGreen, Jun 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2014