1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I was sad today instead of celebrating my boyfriend's birthday does that make me bad?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Rosepetal, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was sad today about those two dallit girls and the 2 Sialkot boys they were murdered and today was my boyfriend's birthday . Does that make me a bad person? Focusing on someone's death and not focusing on my bf? I was sad for myself too thinking l'll never be a nurse bc access has nothing .

2. ConfusedAtHeart

Re: I was sad today instead of celebrating my boyfriend's birthday does that make me

Well personally, I don't think this makes you "bad". People were killed and you have a right to your emotions. You shouldn't be upset about feeling sad on your boyfriends birthday. If you love each other, he'll understand. ^w^

3. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: I was sad today instead of celebrating my boyfriend's birthday does that make me

Thank you :slight_smile: he said I shouldn't pay attention to the news especially not on his birthday bc he well had a traumatizing event too happened to him . I can't sleep bc I feel guilty.Readi g the news always makes me depressed

4. Polterpup

Coming from someone whose emotions rule their life, it is perfectly acceptable for you to be upset about that. I mean, yeah, it was supposed to be a happy day, but murder, even if its not someone you directly know, can send anyone's day for a loop. Just know that you don't have to feel bad for it. Your boyfriend should understand. :]

5. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family

It doesn't make you a bad person at all. I think it shows that you're considerate and empathetic. And I'm sure your boyfriend would understand why you felt that way. Don't worry so much about it.

6. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Thank everyone my bf. explained it all ,he said he didn't want me to be sad all the time ,just be happy with him and not look at the news bc it's not healthy for me

7. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

No, you're not a bad person. It's good you have compassion for complete strangers. Also, there's no reason you can't do something special for your boyfriend when it's not his birthday. The timing was just not right.

8. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Thank u for ur support