1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my mother is a bigot

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dell, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Dell

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So today I purposefully brought up the subject of LGBT to my mother, just to see how she would really feel if I came out to her as trans. While I stated facts to try to get through her layer of ignorance she did not yield. In the end it came down to her telling me that if I were trans, she would be very disappointed by my choice.... As if I choose to have this gender dysphoria. I don't think I will ever be able to tell her until I start transitioning and will notice on her own. :icon_sad:

2. lovely lesbian

First of all I'm so sorry about your mum and second this isn't a choice no one choses to be male female gay straight bi whatever you don't just wake up one day and decide so keep telling her this isn't a choice and it's something you have struggled with. Sorry rant over lol I hope your mum comes around.

3. mangotree

Well, that sucks. You should be very disappointed by her choice to be an ignorant bigot.
    I hope for both your sakes that she only refuses to understand because she doesn't "know" anyone who's LGBTIQ (that she knows of ... yet). A lot of people try harder to understand when someone they love is involved.

Peace be with you.