1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first same-gender relationship - advice??

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by HistoryGeek, Jun 4, 2014.

1. HistoryGeek

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi,
    I am a female bisexual and I have had a crush on my best friend for AGES. Yesterday, she came out of the closet to me and told me that she was lesbian. I was so overjoyed that she liked females too that I immediately asked her out.
    I have never officially been in a relationship with a female before and I'm not really sure what to do. :icon_redf
    So far, we have had long hugs and held hands far ages. I know that it is only the first proper day of us being together, but what am I actually supposed to do to have a closer relationship? We are both really shy and probably won't want to make the first move, or at least won't know how to.
    I want to give her a kiss on the cheek as a first step. :kiss: BUT HOW DO I DO THIS WITHOUT BEING AWKWARD?!?! :bang:
    I have kissed girls before, but that was ages ago and since then, I have become a shy and self-conscious person.
    Please, if any of you have been in a similar situation or know how to help, please give me some worthwhile advice! I really love this girl and I want the relationship to be an awesome and long lasting one!
    :help:
    Thank you! :thumbsup:

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi HistoryGeek, welcome to EC!

Your story is adorable!

Ah yes, the first kiss, quite the conundrum when both are shy! Here's what worked for me (in both cases there was already that "tension" in the air, which makes things easier):

1) I was walking with him downtown, when I just stopped, swung around, looked into his eyes and...well, got the first kiss over with (he shivered a little after...:grin:)

2) We were at a picnic in the park, when I pointed to a bird circling overhead...when he looked away, I stole a kiss on his cheek...he was charmed!

3. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's great ^^
    When I had my first kiss with a girl I was playing with her hair, so I dragged her gently by it and kissed her. I know it sounds a bit childish and stupid but it felt good. xD