1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with this guy I Like?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dmk2020, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Dmk2020

Dmk2020 Guest

Hi, I should start out by saying I'm new to the forum :icon_bigg. I also should say that I've only very recently started becoming comfortable with my sexuality. So, as you may guess, I'm terrible when it comes to knowing about whether or not a guy is interested in me, or is even gay for that matter. My biggest problem is, I always assume a guy is straight and uninterested until something tells me otherwise. I don't know if this is the best way to look at things, but it's just sort of how I do it.

So recently, I just started this new job. When I was training and learning the ins and outs, I kept noticing this guy who works there as well. I kept shaking it off because I was getting way ahead of myself, but I really couldn't stop thinking about him. I work with him all the time, so unlike other guys that I could just forget, he's constantly there to remind me. As far as the guy himself, he's a really confusing read. As far as I know, he could be straight or gay, or bisexual for that matter. Nothing in his personality is a definite giveaway. However, some things he does definitely make me wonder. Like whenever we're talking or in the same vicinity, he stands very close to me. It's definitely close enough to make me wonder why he's that close. Also, I've noticed he acts different around me than anybody else. With anyone else, girl or guy, he's outgoing and talkative, but with me, he almost seems reserved or nervous even. So I don't know if that's anything. Of course, I could be getting the completely wrong impression, but I really like him, and nothing has told me it was hopeless yet. So do you have any advice on this? This would be the first guy I'm actually trying to make something happen with. Which already is out of my comfort zone, just because I'm pretty shy myself. Is there any way I can test the waters with him without being too obvious? It's just with having to work with him, I want to avoid any awkward situations that I can...What do you think? Thank you in advance!

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! :grin: Glad to have you here.

As for your situation - I think you should give it some time to get to know him a bit more.
    If you work with him a lot, you're probably bound to talk about your personal life at some point. If it comes up, you can ask, "So do you have a girlfriend or boyfriend?"
    There's no rush. You're still just getting to know him, and he's still getting to know you.

What type of job are you working?

3. Dmk2020

Dmk2020 Guest

Thanks for responding! And yeah you're right. I'll definitely give it more time and see how it plays out. And as far as what job I'm working, it's nothing too exciting, just working at my local grocery store. And apparently the guy is suppose to start training me on certain things, so that should be interesting...