1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian Friend I Have a Crush on. Advice?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by JohnB, Jun 5, 2014.

1. JohnB

K. I am planning on coming out to a good friend this weekend, (hopefully if travelling weather permits). I recently messed up with her(getting booted out of a night club due to having a little too much to drink which she fought for me to stay(not physically), then paid for a cab to drive us back to her place(which she was struggling to pay rent for at the time) and wanted me to stay the night and explain why I got kicked out. I left her high and dry as the mumbling idiot drunk I was and walked home - Scum, am I not?)

Now, I gotta reveal two truths to her with this meeting, I am gay and have a crush on her. (Kinda confusing, right?) I assume she suspects both, but I am not sure what this will do to our friendship because I really have no other friends like her who would bring me into their life like she did for me. Seriously, no one else, I have some friends, but she is Best friend material. and to be clear, after I reveal these to her, I am not expecting anything big to happen between us, I am not hoping for a relationship, this crush really just caught me off guard. It kinda sucks.

Now, I am thinking 2 scenarios playing out after she takes the news:

1. (This one I am not, but will force myself to be prepared for - Not proud of admitting this)
    She will think we should take it easy and not hang out as much due to us knowing what crushes do and how I fear my feelings may get stronger for her over time and eventually end up calling it quits. At that point I will force myself to move on, look forward to finding a new life for my own by working, and basically do what I set out to do out there in the first place, work, settle, and live, not needing anyone else till I meet new people.

Or

2. She says, "I FREAKING KNEW IT!" in a playfully teasing manner(like I know how she is) where she thinks of it as not much of a big deal, we move on with our lives and things turn out not as I feared.

Why am I posting this? Because I'd like your help in knowing how to put it, because I am not the type of person who says exactly what he wants to say. So any advice on how putting words will help. :slight_smile:

#1 JohnB, Jun 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  2. shadowraptor

Honesty is always the best policy. Just tell her that you're gay, but whether it's due to you guys hanging out a lot, or just that she's really the only person that you can relate with, you have a crush on her. Tell her that it's probably nothing but your not sure, and you don't want to ruin your friendship. Being honest and straight-forward with her is probably the best thing to do. Keep us updated! :slight_smile:

3. JohnB

Thank you, kind sir. :slight_smile:

I have an annoying tendency to over think situations, just gotta keep it simple. *sigh* that is a relief.

#3 JohnB, Jun 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  4. JohnB

Game plan? It is approaching and I have nothing fun planned for this talk.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :\