1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just made my break form my hetero relationship

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Curiousmum, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Curiousmum

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I told him what we both knew. That it wasn't working out, and we were too different. He agreed with me about everything. He was upset and he's gone for a walk now. I didn't come out to him, as I felt it would be too much for him to cope with right now. When the time is right I will. For now I just want to concentrate on my kids and being the best parent I can be to them.

I feel awful for saying this, but I am really relieved. We have been unhappy for a long time, and hopefully now we can find happiness on our own, or with someone else. And I plan to start coming out after we are not living together anymore.
    I feel like I can finally start living my life. I just hope my kids still love me when they discover I like women.

ugh, **from

#1 Curiousmum, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  2. mangotree

It's good that you're both on the same page with the split.
    Relief is definitely a normal feeling to have, no worries about that.

Peace be with you and good luck!

3. Curiousmum

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks!! I'm glad to hear the relief is a normal thing, I don't know if he quite feels that way. I'm going to go and stay with my brother in Brisbane for a few days and regroup, and then get on with things. A whole new life is waiting for me now, I guess.