1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Afraid to lose afraid because I like her.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ogzltheeve, Jun 8, 2014.

1. ogzltheeve

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Title typo: Afraid to lose a friend because I like her

There's this girl that I've been friends with for a year and although she's straight I have a good suspicion that she might be bi-curious but is keeping it to herself. whenveer she's drunk she seems to be a bit curious although it isn't obvious curiosity. but i can sense that she is. she seems a bit overly friend with me sometimes and not any of her other girl-friends and she knows (or recently found out) that I'm not "straight."

So the other day I was at the bar with a couple of mutual friends and my friend arrives. I didn't expect her to show up because she had work but she ends up showing up anyway because she just got fired from her job. So lately she's been pissing me off because she's been going back and forth with her "exes" and hasn't been making up her mind. and i feel like I'm somewhat caught in the middle of things although she isn't nessarily aware of it because she doesn't know I like her. So while we're all at the bar we're all playing pool she arrives and I say hello when she walks in and she gives me a hug and she says hello to everyone and then I continue to play pool. I wasn't purposely ignoring her. I was just playing pool. So eventually when I walk near her she says to me "Hey why aren't you giving me attention?" in a non-serious tone and i tell her I don't mean to ignore her and we make small talk. then later on I notice she starts to isolate herself from everyone and doesn't join in with everyone. so i walk over and ask her if she wants to join but she says "no that's okay i'm just watching you guys play" and she doesn't really say much after. In general all of our mutual friends know that she likes attention. but i thought it was weird that she had to single me out and not any of our mutual friends. what do you guys think? Like i get that she is upset and maybe even depressed about her job and other things going on. but she has a job lined up for her already.

I'm also wondering if she might even have an idea that I like her or if I should really sit down and talk to her about everything. How i feel about her and how I didn't mean to NOT give her "attention" that night. It's just hard to not be upset with her when my feelings are involved and she's going back and fourth with her exes and has no idea that it's affecting me. I'm sure she won't be upset when i tell her that I actually have feelings for her but I'm more concerned with how i deal with the situation when it's all said and done.

2. ogzltheeve

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Updating this thread couple days later. so i haven't spoke to her since this happened on friday night. and everyone is telling me that she's stating that she's been upset/depressed ever since. she says because she lost her job that she's been working at for 2 years but all of my friends don't understand how she's THAT upset when she already has a job lined up which she started today. I'm gonna guess she may be depressed because I was giving her half my attention although I was busy playing pool. she took it the wrong way. and I feel there's a bit of tension between us although I haven't seen or spoken to her.

#2 ogzltheeve, Jun 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2014