1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Persistant Religious family

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dano218, Jun 8, 2014.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My boyfriend and I moved from Minnesota a few months ago and his parents don't accept his orientation at all and his mom is one of those that won't stop at nothing to get her son to change his ways. My boyfriend knows he does not choose to be gay and that his parents are not true christians but his mother in particular always begs him to come home and sends him text messages on almost a daily basis telling him to change his ways. It does not matter how many common sense arguments he makes to her and how many times he tries to convince her she is stuck in the mindset that being gay is a choice and in no way she will ever stop bothering him. She is a crazy in way because even if her son went back home she would be so afraid that he is going to embarrass them and life would be hell for us. They are so controlling that they purchased him a burial plot next to them with out asking permission first. Of course he is not going to go along with any of that. How would anybody else deal with this situation.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Change phone numbers...move...change my name...nobody needs that kind of negativity!

3. Melanie

Melanie Guest

If I were him I would tell my parents that I love them but being gay isnt something that I can change. His parents need education, but until they seek it out on their own the solution in their minds will be to try to "change" their son.

I think he should reassure them that he loves them, but that he feels that not having any contact would be best for now. That may (hopefully) force them to look at how they are acting and their attitudes.

I wish you guys the best! (*hug*)

4. idkgrrrl

I agree. He should tell his mother /politely or however he wants/ that she needs to sort of back up for awhile because he can't change and he won't. His parents will soon realize that it's better to accept their son than to lose him. PLUS he is grown! He can do what he wants and make his own /decisions/.:thumbsup: