1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why the hell does he think he has a right to tell me how to wear my hair ?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by stocking, Jun 8, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well I change my hair style from time to time at work and when I go out . So my male coworker Bob came up to me saying he had to pick a bone with me then said this .
    Bob " I don't like how you've been wearing your hair all fancy lately , stick with one hair style , one minute it's this way then you have it the other way , I like your hair when it's down ! why are you changing your hair . !!"
    Me " I like wearing my hair in different styles , what's the matter you don't like it "
    Bob " No , pick one hair style and stick with it "

I sat there thinking to myself , that I don't get this guy , where the hell does get off thinking he can tell me how to wear my hair , he's not even dating me I'm not interested in him and even if I was dating someone I would be very upset if they told me this . He has also commented on outfits I've worn like my pink hoodie saying he can't stand the color pink and he doesn't get why I like it and doesn't like me wearing .
    Can anyone make sense of this ? :confused:

2. BelleFromHell

I think he's just an asshole. No one can tell you how to style your hair except you! It's none of is goddamn business! :tantrum:

3. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

What is with you and living in an area with batshit crazy people? Ignore him.. He's got issues. Noone has the right to tell another how to present themselves.. He sounds like a nosy weirdo to me.

I like your posts. You have a completely different life to me.. In regards to people who are in it.

4. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

He's a douchebag.

5. Hyaline

This is one of those occasions where you ask him if he has read the employee manual about the dress policy. Make sure you comply with it and tell him to bugger off... I suggest doing it nicely. But just make sure you comply and tell him to stuff it.... :slight_smile:

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I attract crazy people lately sucks though :confused:

---------- Post added 8th Jun 2014 at 07:38 PM ----------

I think he's an asswhole too

---------- Post added 8th Jun 2014 at 07:38 PM ----------

Oh I will

7. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    He's an idiot. You're not violating the dress policy so it's none of his business. If it were me I'd pointedly say something like "oh no, I'm so awfully sorry that you, a coworker who bears no relation to me at all, is so deeply and horrifically affected by my perfectly normal and acceptable pattern of dress. I sincerely apologise for not living my life strictly according to the wishes of a random person I do not see outside of work"

8. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe you should hit back at him, if he gives you an opportunity.

"Oh, Bob, why are you wearing that shirt today? One shirt that day, another one this. I can't keep up with all the change! You see, I really liked the shirt you had yesterday, I think you should stick with it".

"Bob, I see you've changed your tie, but I don't like it one jot, so if you could go out and buy a new one to wear for the rest of the day that'd be smashing"

"Hey Bob, what happened to your clean-shaven appearance? I'd like it if you kept a consistent facial hair style, because I don't think that style suits you much".

Or, just tell him he's an asshole in some of the amusing ways other posters have said so far :slight_smile:

9. justjade

Fuck what he thinks. You're a young woman, and it's your right to choose what you wear and how you present yourself. You should tell him that, if he doesn't want to be called out for creating a hostile work environment, he'd better shut his face.

10. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This is a good idea.

I'm interested in this now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: let us know what you tell him!

11. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are some very opinionated people out there who just HAVE to pass comment on everything and everyone, whether they are invited to or not. He sounds like one of them. It's not an endearing quality in a person.

It's hard to ignore opinionated people, but a reaction often fuels the situation and leads to even more sounding off. Dig in and be strong. His opinion only matters if he is someone you value and respect.

12. Raikamaru

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This dude sounds like a total douche canoe.

13. chi29

He's just jealous with your very fancy hair.

Anyways, we can't please all the people so if you're not doing anything wrong with what you do just keep on doing it.

Lastly, if he's still an a-hole about it then just follow the snappy comebacks that the others posted on this thread. They're really good :grin:

14. lionfood

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would tell him to f--- off, in an extremely over-polite, obnoxious fashion. Who does he think he is, Alexander McQueen? Nope. He literally has no say in what you wear, and screw his opinion!

15. Ruthven

Gold. :lol:

I'd have lots of fun sayin this shit to people who think they can seriously dictate shit about me.

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I'd wear a flamboyant hair style, and the brightest shade of pink I could find.

But seriously, as others have said, and better I might add, this fellow seems to be a bit of an ass clown. The only way to effectively deal with ass clowns is to just ignore them, because they rely on a rile, a reaction of some kind. It's that response to what they do and say that drive them, gives them a purpose in their, most likely, mediocre and seemingly useless life. Don't be his amusement toy, be yourself, and tell that guy, what you wear isn't against the workplace codes, but what he is doing -- harassment -- is.