1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She asked me why I wasn't giving her "attention"?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ogzltheeve, Jun 8, 2014.

1. ogzltheeve

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    what is that supposed to mean? I was at the bar with a couple of mutual friends and my friend arrives. and I didn't expect her to show up but she ends up showing up anyway because she just got fired from her job. So lately she's been pissing me off because she's been going back and forth with her "exes" and hasn't been making up her mind. and i feel like I'm somewhat caught in the middle of things although she isn't nessarily aware of it because she doesn't know I like her (or atleast i dont think she knows). So while we're all at the bar we're all playing pool and I say hello when she walks in and she gives me a hug and then I continue to play pool. I wasn't purposely ignoring her. I was just playing pool. So eventually she says to me "Hey come here, why aren't you giving me attention?" and i told her "sorry I don't mean to ignore you" and we make small talk. afterward she begins to isolate herself from everyone while she was on her phone. I walk over later and ask her if she wants to play and she says "no that's okay i'll just watch". In general my friends know that she likes attention. but i thought it was weird that she had to address it to me and not any of our mutual friends. I'm sure she knows something is up with me and the tension is there but she has no idea that the reason i'm upset is because my feelings are involved in this friendship and the fact that she's going back and fourth with her exes makes me sick.

right now she's straight but i believe she's a closet bi-curious. she found out that I'm a lesbian not too long ago. and ever since she's been slightly a bit more comfortable with me and a little touchy feely. she's also made a couple of questionable remarks about females that made me think she's definitely curious but is being passive about her curiousity. In general she's giving me mixed signals although it isn't quite obvious to others. and i'm not sure if i should lay it all on the table and tell her how i feel

---------- Post added 8th Jun 2014 at 07:49 PM ----------

ever since Friday, she's told a couple of our mutual friends that she's been depressed and has been flaking out on events with our mutual friends. but she hasn't really spoke with me since Friday. some people are completely convinced that she's ONLY depressed because she got fired. that there's something else that's making her more depressed but isn't mentioning it.