1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me figure him out?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dmk2020, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Dmk2020

Dmk2020 Guest

Hi everyone. So I posted recently that I really liked this guy from work, but I was unsure how to go about it. Well, time has past and I've seen him a lot more. However, I still don't know how he thinks of me. What I do know, is that he's at least really open minded. He is friends with gay people, so I know that's not an issue at all. Also, he doesn't seem like he's interested in pursuing any girls even though he's really cute and could get one whenever. The only problem that I have, is that he identifies as straight. I told myself I'd never go there with a straight guy, and as soon as I found out he was, I'd back off. The only thing is, he makes it so hard. He isn't like any other straight guy I've known. He seems really open. I haven't known him for that long, but I like him so much. There's just something about him that draws me in. It's not just his looks, because I'm not that type of person. He gives me signs that he's attracted to me. Everytime I look at him, are eyes meet. It's not just me looking at him, I'll catch him looking at me as I turn in his direction. Also, whenever we're anywhere near each other, this guy has no personal boundaries. He always stands super close to me. Close enough that we're touching and he does nothing about it. He doesn't do this with anyone else and with me, it seems like he goes out of his way to do it. And the only other thing I can think of that works in my favor is that he seems shy with me. With everyone else, he's very social, but whenever we talk, he seems shyer than with anyone else. So I really have no idea what he's thinking. Is it possible for anything to happen in this type of situation? Is there anything I can do or look for when trying to decide on whether it's worth pursuing? I just really want to know it's hopeless before I give up entirely. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks in advance!

2. katwat

Sorry no one who knows what they are talking about has responded. I feel for you with the cross-signals situation. It does seem like he is attracted to you but the identifying as straight makes it difficult for you to know how to act.

Since all I can offer are words of sympathy maybe you should repost to try to get someone with more recent dating experience (I've been with my hubby for 24 years LOL) to help you sort out the signals.

Maybe change the thread title to something like "need help -can't figure him out - please respond." It might get more attention for your thread.

Good luck

3. ryanalexander61

If he is so "open minded" have you come out to him? If he is actually straight, he might be able to introduce you to some gay people that would loosen your crush on him. If he is gay, he may come out to you in response, or make his sexuality more clear.