1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is she doing this to piss me off?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by DreamingLove, Jun 9, 2014.

1. DreamingLove

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I recently came out to my mother.She always raised me to be respectful to other peoples belief and sexuality.She also works with lgbt communities sometimes.
    I thought she would be completely ok with my sexuality but after the days I told her she started checkimg my sexuality like:
    Hey honey do you think this girl is beautiful?
    This went for a while and today she told me she tinks im just heterosexist (i dont even know what that means)and im just emulating to people on internet and her job
    Just when I was comfortable with myselfs she says this .I feel really terrible.
    Is she dissapointed in me so shes trying to make me think im heterosexual?
    or am I really in a delusion like she says even thought I feel like I am gay
    I'm so confused right now and depressed at the same time.She just destroyed the whole years I spent accepting myself :frowning2: please help

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello!

To me, it looks like she is still trying to accept who you are. Like you said, you came out recently, so i think she needs time to get used to the "news".

Remember: Only YOU can tell who you really are. No one can analyze your brain and give you a diagnostic.

Sure, there are people (like us in EC) who can help, but, ultimately, i believe only you can think about yourself and reach a conclusion.

3. idkgrrrl

If you think you're gay, feel gay, and are pretty sure you are gay, then you probably are. If you think you might like women, then maybe you should experiment to see if you'd like it. If you don't want to, then that's equally as fine.

The point is, be attracted to whoever attracts you. You don't have to be confused so don't fight anything. (no children dude)
    Tell your mom that she can support other LGBT communities and groups, so she should support and respect you too.

4. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Also, don't worry about labels if they confuse you.

5. idkgrrrl

Yeah. Labels are very confusing. Plus your sexual orientation should only matter to your partner and to you.

Just, like.. be yourself.