1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to find others?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by kristykissy, Jun 9, 2014.

1. kristykissy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm not sure if this really fits here...

I don't have any close friends (anymore) and I only talk to people online. Which isn't a bad thing but sometimes we can go weeks without talking to one another.

I am having trouble finding other lesbians/bisexuals to chat with. I've never done anything like this and I'm very shy at initiating contact with another person and I tend to build unnecessary walls.

I've tried a dating site but it's so unreliable. Some people are really guys pretending to be a female and you can't message or post your ID to anything.

Any advice for meeting others? I would prefer someone who has the same interest but I'm a very odd person.

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    you can probably try to wait for people to mention something you like then, lol just talk their head off atleast thats what i do maybe, that can help you too

3. kristykissy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I forgot to mention I don't get out much. Randomly finding people to chat with is a hassle. And when I do go out no one talks to me hah

4. idkgrrrl

I feel the same. I honestly don't know where I can actually meet other queer people who might be into me.

Honestly, I've taken drastic measures like getting on craigslist. It's not very smart, and I'm only 17, but I'm very careful on the information I give out and who I agree to meet. Especially when it comes to age and location.

I've tried gay dating sites but there aren't a lot of women or others on them near me. Plus I'm kind of embarrassed.

I guess I just stick to making friends and I give hints that I don't mind being intimate if I really like them.

5. kristykissy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ah I know exactly how you feel.

I'm positive about 90% of the "interests" I've gotten on such dating site were probably men. Or very very vulgar lesbians haha.

Well feel free to shoot me a message however I am a bit shy at first. :3.

I was hoping to get a rainbow pin or bracelet...and try to hint at ladies I see in public. I saw a very cute "tomboy" girl make eye contact with me when I was out grocery shopping with family but she was also with a family member so it's hard to really engage in situations like that... :c

6. CupcakeDragon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well, I've found that the Unitarian church is full of queers. Gay pride is always a good place to go. Perhaps you'll run into someone you thought was straight you already know. I have ran into many people at pride who were closeted at school. Also, be unoriginal. Find the gay bar and go, preferably alone so you are more likely to interact with people. Look online for public meetups that already exist, perhaps for political discussions or book clubs, and go.

In my experience, once you become friends with someone who is involved with the community it gets easier.

Also, if you want chance meetings to happen try wearing something that signifies you are a lesbian. It eases the doubt they may have that keeps them from approaching you and also keeps you from having to constantly come out.

Also, don't be afraid to ask for a number if it looks like they are interested but currently busy.