1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I ready for a relationship?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SkylarRain, Jun 9, 2014.

1. SkylarRain

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So about five days ago I asked one of my friends that I have a crush on out on a date.He said yes and I gave him my number and whatever.My last relationship was a manipulative relationship. I am over my ex however I am still scared that this will happen again. I again like this guy and I don't know what to do.Please help!

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know your scared, but trust me you have to learn to open your heart again, DONT keep it closeed if you do then NO love can get in so you can stop hurting

3. katwat

My father was verbally and emotionally abusive. My first husband was emotionally and (at the end) physically abusive. I came to my relationship with my (wonderful) husband with a lot of baggage. I still have triggers that make me believe this awesome, kind, sweet, caring person is purposefully putting me down (which he never does.)

When you have had a nasty relationship you have to really monitor yourself within each new relationship. You (as a person who has put up with a crap relationship) are a good part of the problem. When you have a manipulative partner then YOU are letting yourself be manipulated. You know that it is not healthy. You have grown strong enough to be out of that relationship so you have the strength (if you make yourself use it) to keep from being in another. You also have to watch out for things that trigger negative responses to positive people. Just because your ex is an ass does not mean your future honey is going to be one too.

Take a chance on love (always be open to love) but keep your head. You deserve respect and happiness. Keep people around you who give you both and avoid people who treat you poorly and cause you sorrow.

Good luck to you and ENJOY your date!