1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One-Sided Feelings, What To Do?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Finaru, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Finaru

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't come to this site often, but I figured this is pretty much the only place where I can talk about stuff like this. So this is just going to be me explaining my situation.

I'm currently in High School and I'm a sophomore, soon to be junior though, and earlier on in the school year I started liking this guy. I never really payed attention to him at the beginning of the year, but after this one time he spoke up when my class and I were being kind of rude to our chorus teacher he just yelled at us to shut up, and I just thought that was so manly(in a way for some reason I don't know lol), and I just thought that was extremely hot. We never really talked a lot in class, and we've never hung out outside of school since he has his own circle(he's a junior while I'm a sophomore) and I had my own, but later on during the year we started talking a lot more in class. We found some common interests and became somewhat more than acquaintances. For me at the moment it was a small crush and I really didn't pay much attention to it, but starting after half way into the school year, for some reason he just started "noticing" me more I guess. He would grope my ass and was just overall more touchy with me, and most of the time it is completely random. Like I'll actually just be walking by and he'll just grab my chest, but I let this all slip past me since I knew he was probably straight and was just messing with me like most guys do. It's pretty frustrating but I enjoy it sadly. Anyways, on with my story.

So as the school year passed by the same stuff I said would just happen and I really could have gone through the year getting over my crush with the mindset that he is probably straight and is just messing with me. But during our most recent Spring concert(because we're in chorus if you're wondering why we had a concert lol) rehearsals he started calling me cute, told me how good looking I am, being a lot more touchy, and was generally talking a lot more with me when he could be talking to his other friends(I was friends with his other friends too but I wasn't that close since I just met them this year as well). He even just randomly decided to grab my thigh out of the blue and like caressed it? in front of a lot of people. The girl standing in front of me said "You know -inserts crush's name- I'm really questioning your sexuality right now" but he just responds saying "I'm just so comfortable with my sexuality that I can do this" while laughing away(I don't think he does with his other friends btw), and I'm just like "djkfhdkfjghfkdjghsldkfjg" in my head. For the rest of the though, we just talk and etc....

After the concert though which was last week he shows close to none of the affection(I don't know what else to call it lol) he showed to me during the week we had our concert and I'm just really confused. The worse part is that I know he is most likely straight and was just messing around but the thing is, is that I can't freaking vent or express any of the confusion/sadness/feelings in general, and I'm just at a loss at what to do here. I can try getting over him in the summer but if I get into Chamber Chorus and he get's into Chamber Chorus(B/c we both auditioned for it) then I'll be seeing him all year next year again and so the feelings might come back. I'm really at a loss at what to do and I just get really sad when I ponder about him and stuff related to this kind of thing.

P.S. I also just wanted to point out that this guy seems like my ideal type and when I say ideal type I don't mean like "He has blue eyes,blahblahblah" that kind. Like I would say he is kind of handsome/hot/cute like everything mixed into one bit which I do look in a guy but there are a lot of guys like that, but the main thing I really like about him is that he his really good friggin morals which I value so much when it comes to people I want to spend time with. He's also a really sharp dresser, which is an added bonus. So I just feel like this would be a really big waste since he really is my "ideal" type if I let him go too.

Any suggestions would really be appreciated.
    Sorry for the super long story and thanks for taking the time to even read my story.

#1 Finaru, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  2. katwat

I am sorry no one with some actual recent dating/flirting experience has answered your post. I have been with hubby for 24 years so I am reaching far into the past to remember flirting stuff. If you were out I would know more what to say. A simple "please don't do that unless you mean it. It is rude to tease" comes to mind. Since you are not out you are pretty limited in options. My best advice is that since the school year is nearly over do try to let it slide for the summer. You do not know how you will feel about him by fall, or how he will act, or even if you will both still be attending the same school. If you are both there, and he continues his prior behavior, then you can deal with the issue at that time. Try not to let it boil in your head all summer. Try to enjoy yourself and let worries of the fall wait for the fall.

Sorry I do not have any better advice. I do wish you all the luck in the world and hope things work out for you.

Hang in there.