1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not really sure how I should feel...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by darkhorizon, Jun 12, 2014.

1. darkhorizon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I met this guy on a gay dating app a couple weeks ago. We had a short awkward conversation at first, and then he messaged me again a couple days later, exchanged numbers, and have been talking ever since. We have multiple mutual friends, and he is very sweet, handsome, and just overall a great guy. I visited him at his job, I could tell he was very nervous and shy, which I found quite adorable tbh. He visited me at my work yesterday. And now we are set to go on an actual date tomorrow.

This is all great and everything, however I have some concerns. First one being, I had just asked him for his Tumblr so I can follow him. Upon looking him up I saw that he posts a lot of raunchy pictures of him in his underwear and whatnot... don't get me wrong it's sexy and everything but he has like 200 followers and has all these guys messaging him...

That combined with the fact that he's very active on that gay dating app. I literally had made my account the same day he messaged me, and then I deleted it yesterday cuz A) I don't use it and B) I don't need it if I've already met someone.

Maybe I'm being paranoid. Maybe I'm overthinking things. Yeah I understand we aren't dating yet so what he posts on Tumblr is really none of my concern, but I mean... :frowning2:

I just don't know how to feel at the moment. He truly is a great guy and even though we've only talked in person a total of 2 times, I can feel myself gaining a lot of feelings for him already which has NEVER happened before with anyone else.

Do I have the right to be feeling, erm, concerned? I don't know. I'm just a bit discouraged at the moment for some reason, I'm not even sure why. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Alex

2. Undertow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You have every right to your emotions...if you feel concerned, you feel concerned. There is no such thing as a "wrong" feeling, to be quite honest. Every emotion has a certain validity to it.

It sounds to me like you're concerned because you really like this guy, but you're a bit nervous and/or anxious after seeing his tumblr posts (which is a natural reaction). The conflicting feelings are quite understandable, and it's totally normal to feel like you're over-thinking it, trust me.

If your feelings for him are as genuine as they sound, though, I bet it's worth giving a chance :slight_smile:. Perhaps he's simply more outgoing on the internet than in person, and it will wind up being nothing to worry about.

3. darkhorizon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you very much for your response, Undertow!

You are very right when you suggest that I'm nervous/anxious... I've never had a "true" relationship before, so this experience is all very foreign to me, honestly. I've had my little flings with people, but I've never wanted a relationship with someone this bad before so my emotions are probably running a little haywire.

You're right when you say he might just be more outgoing on the internet. I never really thought about it that way I guess. Maybe I'm looking at it in a close-minded point of view, simply because I would never post pictures like that of myself online. I'm sure he enjoys the attention he gets from them, I know I probably would, but maybe all that attention is what's got me concerned? I'm not sure.

The fact right now is that I really, really like this guy. And he really, really likes me. I mean, he lives very far from where I work, and he came in right as our store opened yesterday just to say hello and bring me breakfast. He says he did it because he "couldn't wait until Friday to see me so he had to come in and visit today". He's very sweet and I think he genuinely likes me just as much as I like him.

I'll see how tomorrow goes, and give everybody an update afterwards! :grin:

4. mangotree

He sure does sound very sweet :slight_smile:

Keep in mind that tumblr and the gay app will only be a problem if you make it one.

Good luck and peace be with you.

5. xLone Wolfx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just don't rush it with him - you want to be sure where things are going. Even more so don't let him rush you, and if he tries, then that may just be the red flag you have been worrying about. As for his Tumblr, that is a lot of pics but I know they can add up over the years, months even. And I can understand about being more social online, but would think that his interest in you should pull him away from that. I don't know what else to say but you seem bright and sensitive enough to just trust your gut, and remember take it slow. Good luck with tomorrow as well. I've crossed my fingers...here's hoping he turns out to be a keeper!