1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He broke the code

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ilovemylife, Jun 12, 2014.

1. ilovemylife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay. So my friend always tells me who he likes and his problems with girls he has things with. Just recently, one of the girls he was crushing on asks me to get coffee. I see it as a harmless get together. She then asks me to get dinner. Of course, being a gentleman, I pay for the both of us. This makes my friend angry.

Side note: I told my friend a while ago that I've been crushing on a girl who we'll call "C". Since he doesn't know I'm gay, he buys it.

After going out to coffee and dinner, my friend eagerly tells me that he now has a "thing" with C making sure to mention that he has made out with her. Do I actually like her? Not really. So I really shouldn't care any less. But, I do care. It makes me angry that he thinks he can get back at me for "stealing his girl" by stealing mine (even though I'm gay). How do I stop caring?

And yes, for all of you who have read my "I hate my friend" thread, this is the same friend.

What do I do? I can't seem to let this go... Coming out to him may be an option, but I don't really trust him 100%.

2. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe you should just confront him about it and how it makes you feel. This wouldn't require coming out, just telling him that you have nothing with his girl.

3. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I highly suggest you come out to your friend and stop antagonizing eachother with women. You're straight up playing games with your friend for no reason other than to hide your sexuality. If you don't like your friend, then don't be friends with him.

4. polarpol

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You know, that friendship sounds unhealthy. You keep secrets because there's a level of distrust, you steal each other's crushes...a good relationship cannot work when that happens. I second the idea of being honest with him. That would heal the relationship. Or kill it faster.

5. girlpower

Hi. i dont think you need to come out to anyone for that matter because of this sorta reasons. i mean if you really consider him as your friend and you think this will sort things out for you then you can think of. and about your girls.. you can get this clear straight away that you are into his girl, if he still doesnt blv you then i dont think you should be friends with such jerks anymore.

6. ilovemylife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've seriously considered not being friends with him. But it's easier said than done. He is a very insecure person. If he is offended in any way, he tries to make you feel small in front of other people. He has threatened to spread rumors about me being gay on one occasion. When I don't want to hang out with him, he gets angry and starts to call me some insulting names. Plus, he has friends that I, too, am friends with. If I stop being friends with him, he will act like a middle school girl and turn his friends against me. Trust me. I know his personality. He's done it before.

Unhealthy is an understatement. He is the sole reason I have become socially awkward in situations. Whenever I spoke, he would criticize me and call me stupid for saying something like that. When I didn't speak, he would make sure everyone knew how awkward I was being. I've decided to stop hanging out with him alone, but still be friendly to him in groups. I don't talk to him unless he talks to me.

But the one thing I don't agree with what you said is that we "steal each other's crushes". I hang out with a girl that he likes, yes. But if that is "stealing" his crush, then he "stole my crush" a LONG time ago. I'm not going to say no to hanging out with a friend because that he has a crush on her. Especially since he told me afterwards that I am "forbidden from seeing her". After talking it over, he said that he was just joking. (Highly doubt he was)

I'm going off to college soon, so I won't have to deal with him much longer. He really just pisses me off...

Thank you guys for all the advice by the way. I guess I will have to put some serious thought into what I'm going to do about him.

7. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    lol i'd hardly call this a friendship by the sounds of it. Sadly I have been in the toxic friend situation one times too many.

8. ilovemylife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm sorry that happened to you :frowning2:
    He was never this bad. We were good friends since elementary school. Only since he thought that being an asshole was cool was he this bad. It's painful to think how much he has changed. I've talked to him years ago about it and he brushed it off. That's the main reason we're still "friends".