1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does an 18 year old gay male find a partner

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Eye Shine, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Eye Shine

Seriously I'm at a loss here. I don't know how? I have had a boyfriend but that was when I was high school and it was easier. There really isn't any LGBT meetup groups around my area and I don't want to do online dating.

Any suggestions on to how to find someone to at least start dating?

2. PalestrinaMX

If you're in college you could join an LGBT club, or any other groups where you get to meet an interact with new people.

3. Eye Shine

Yeah I checked and no LGBT or GSA at my college and I don't want to be the one to start one. Any other suggestions. Maybe some ways to hint I'm gay to other gay people besides being flamboyant. Flamboyancy isn't my thing.

4. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm kind of at the same boat..

I'm really not an evident gay guy, some classmates found out I was guy as much as 1 year after meeting me, I didn't even knew they weren't up to date lol.

It is always like:

"Oh, there is this cute guy" -> Straight.
    "Oh, this cute gay guy" -> Dating.
    "Oh, this guy is gay and single" -> Not interesting / Jerk / Only wants to have fun

I guess the problem is me...

I spend most of my day at college, and its a really gay-friendly place (even thought its a catholic initiative College lol.), and although there are LGBT people there, its still a scarce world compared to the amount of straights or "straights". I either have chances with the most "out-going"/promiscuous out of them all, and that doesn't surprise me for logical reasons. Finding a nice (AND SINGLE) is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I lean more towards extroversion than introversion (although I'm timid), I have several gay-supportive friends which are also mostly extroverted, I do have a few gay friends; one that I went out with but only for fun even thought I'm really not a fan of casual encounters, and one that I really like but unfortunately is on a "its complicated" kind-of relationship. Other than that, I'm in the blank :/

No, there are no formal gay groups on my college. Although the idea of one surely cheers me up...

5. Eye Shine

I know right it's hard to find a gay guy you can click with. Especially in America because it's hard to find gay people that aren't super flamboyant because they are well hidden. I'm not sure if it will help but I'm hoping if I put a rainbow flag key chain and and a NO H8 sticker on my backpack it will help other gay people realize I'm gay without me screaming it or something. That's how I noticed someone was gay at my high school. I just didn't say anything back then because I was still in the accepting part. I hope that works because other than that I have no idea how to meet a gay single not a douche guy.

6. Sotv

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Right ear piercing or a rainbow wristband?

7. Eye Shine

The rainbow wristband is also a good idea but I don't really want to pierce my ears so that part is out. However I'm probably gonna do the wristband part.

8. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The wristband is a good idea. A lot of the GSM people, especially the guys at my university wore the gay games bracelet.