1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The barrier

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by 1Jake2, Jun 14, 2014.

1. 1Jake2

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi!
    I don't really know where to start, so, I'll start here. I've been out for more than a year and I'm in high school. Most of my friends are girls which I guess isn't out of the ordinary for a gay 15 year old. I'm in no way trying to get rid of my friends, I love those girls. But I like the type of friendship that I had with guys when I wasn't out. Ever since I told people about my sexuality, there was this barrier between me and the guys at my school.
    Why is there a barrier? How do you get rid of it? Can you?

2. frostmage94

Hi!

The thing with most teenagers nowadays is that they live by a specific standard made up by society and media. From a very young age, people are told that certain sexual preferences are wrong, which is most likely the reason for the barrier.

You can get rid of the barrier, and there are plenty of methods to do so. Talking is one of them; it's something I really recommend although it may seem difficult. Helping people understand you also helps you understand them.

You should pick the people you talk to carefully though. Assuming you've been out for over a year, you should know that people are very judgemental and often disregard the fact that other people are actually humans with feelings.

Hope I was of any help. (*hug*)

P.S. Mind my grammar please, it's very early where I'm from! :slight_smile: