1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making new friends

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by asdfghjk, Jun 14, 2014.

1. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

Okay this is really stupid and I'm sorry for wasting forum space but.... is there anything that can be done about the worrying I have that new friends will think I'm into them if they find out I like women? I know, it's stupid, but I'm really worried my friendliness will be taken the wrong way once they find out.... like not them being rude about it but I am paranoid that they'll think so. I dont know why. I'm finally making friends at work and it's like, I think "no way I can ever tell them, they'll think I was just being nice so I could creep on them!".

Ahhhhh I'm such a loser goober...Tell me how stupid I'm being please lol, is it just me? People that dont worry about these things, how do your thoughts and brain work? Thanks?! (!!)

2. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

I've felt the same way you felt. This girl said you like everyone and I took that to heart. But I realized she was a f.a.b. All I can say is don't worry about something that hasn't happened and don't sweat the little things. Always be true to yourself and others. Have a good night. God Bless. Ps. Your not crazy:slight_smile:

3. myownuniverse

Out Status:
    A few people
    First of all you are not crazy, or else I am too! Lol!
    Anyway, I felt the same way and still feel like that since I started to realized that I was a lesbian. I think about everything I do or said to be sure it's not misinterpreted. I am in therapy in order to learn to relax and be who I am no matter what I do or don't.
    Take a deep breath, be yourself, try to not think that much, if you are friend with people and getting along with them, they would probably think of it at first but with time, they will not mind at all.
    Take care and do not hesitate to post, it's nice to have support where you can have it.

4. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

Actually, I've never really befriended girls for this reason. Of course, the same basically happened when the guys found out. They had no chance, so they dropped me. But I learned that it's worth the risk, because eventually there'll be someone who doesn't mind. The other people wouldn't be worth having around.

5. BlossomOfAngel

I know what you mean, and definitely, you're not crazy nor the only one who feels that way. I become really paranoid whenever my friends bring out the bisexuality/homosexuality themes or make jokes pretending to be a lesbian couple to avoid bothersome guys when we go clubbing. The thing is that my mindset it's borderline stupid cause one of them is bisexual and completely out but... I don't know why. As you said, I'm also the quiet , shy one of the group and I'm terrified of telling them that I could be a lesbian. It's quite a disturbing situation because I don't know what to do and they're always trying to hook me up with someone --__--'' Either way even if I can't offer a solution, for which I'm very sorry cause I'd love to, I'm always available for a chat. In my time here I've found that speaking with someone you can relate to is quite helpful. And of course, the best wishes :slight_smile: