1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possibility

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by darth vader, Jun 15, 2014.

1. darth vader

Has anyone thought of dating somebody here in EC? I mean is it feasible? What are your thoughts about long distance relationships? If you think it's possible, what are your considerations and conditions?

Thoughts and opinions are welcome.

2. WearyWanderer

It's possible, but all long distance relationships can be a challenge. I personally don't think I could ever do one because I need that closeness/intimacy in a relationship, and skyping/talking over the phone/texting etc. wouldn't cut it for me. But if you feel that strongly about someone, and as long as you understand the challenges the two of you might face, I'd go for it. :slight_smile:

3. wandergirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    As for the long distance thing, it's a looooot of work and dedication. You'll spend a lot of time dating your computer or phone, and you always miss the feelings of the message through text.
    But if the person is worth it, go for it. You don't find someone you get on well every day and in your town.
    Give it a try! Just keep in mind that you really have to be willing for this kind of online commitment.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We don't outright prohiibit it, but we strongly discourage it, as EC is a support community and not a dating site. One of the things that makes the community different and special is the fact that there isn't the constant flirting and inappropriate behaviors/pictures here that you find on so many other communities... so please keep it that way :slight_smile:

5. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

Long distance is a lot of work to keep the relationship going. I've liked someone on here but I am going to get over them. But I am partial to dating on here.

6. darth vader

Exactly. Takes a lot of hard work. It's not that I'm considering anybody though. :roflmao:
    Well, if it comes, I'll talk to you again. :icon_wink

7. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I tried it. We broke up a few days ago. She developed a crush on someone and I got upset and scared and ended it. I don't know if we'll get back together. But if I were you, I'd consider how much that person is worth it to you.