1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breaking up with my boyfriend.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Devin, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Devin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    We've been going out for a little over 8 months now. The relationship didn't go far beyond kissing on the cheek and snuggling from time to time. I didn't even find him attractive, at all. I only dated him because he was sweet.
    We were both Christians and we met at a Christian conference. Soon afterward I fell away from Christianity and now I don't even believe anymore. He wants to break up with me, but at the same time he's lying and saying he wants it to work just to protect me from heartbreak. Tbh I didn't really like him as a BF anyway. Now don't think I'm cruel to him on purpose, I have Aspergers which makes it hard for me to say 'yes' to physical affection and relationships. That's why the relationship was going nowhere for months.
    He wants to break up with me because I'm not a Christian anymore. But at the same time he wants to drag the relationship out to avoid hurting me because he wants to be this big strong man that takes care of his lady, he's really just a sad puppy dog that gets upset if I'm playing a video game and I just want him to watch (He will lay there on the couch with this dumb frown on his face.)
    I think I might be the one to break up with him, but he'll be heartbroken. But he wanted to break up with me first, but I know he'll want to drag something out that isn't there anymore.

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You might really want to break up with him, both of you REALLY are not invested in the relationship