1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having a BF...Online?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by PrinceFabulous, Jun 15, 2014.

1. So, I've had this friend on Skype for a few months. He lives a few states away from me. We talked for a few months, and he was just soooo sweet. He's always so nice and all. His personality was just so perfect. So, then, we started video chatting, and BOY he was fine. So, then, I decided to tell him about my little crush on him. So, now we're kind of dating...Do relationships like that work? Or is it a love that can never beeeeeeeeeeee?

2. darth vader

How young are you? I mean both of you.. It really depends on a lot of factors but first, how old are you both?

3. Well, I am 15, and he is 18.

4. KayJay

I've never really had a relationship myself, but I have seen other long distance relationships actually turn into "regular" relationships. I know someone who moved all the way from Alabama to Maine to live with someone they met online!

5. mangotree

Not saying that it can never be. And it's absolutely fine to have a crush on someone that you know online.

I'm sceptical about having "chemistry" with someone you've never met in person. You could like the look of them, how they talk to you, their "personality" etc... but there's something un-seen that happens between 2 people that love each other that only occurs when they're together physically. A spark or an energy if you will (or a lack of).

I would recommend that you try to meet each other before declaring your love for each other.

Just my opinion.

Peace be with you.

6. Fennec

Out Status:
    A few people
    I was dating my boyfriend for a year long distance before I moved. I lived in Michigan and he lives in Wales, and now we both do. It's not important about the distance as long as there is a genuine caring.

7. darth vader

mangotree said it well... it takes more than chemistry online to make it work. you have actually meet each other to find out if you're suitable. but yep, happily ever after is not impossible.. :slight_smile:

8. Gingerblond93

Yes, I think it could work, my BF was two states away from me, I was 16 and he was older, we became best friends and last year I moved in with him. It's all about the chemistry between the two of you and hopefully you can meet him over the summer and see how you both get along. Since he is 18, I assume he can drive to meet you. Wish you both all the best.

9. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

It's working! I agree with Fennec. All that matters are the persons and their feelings.
    I've got a girlfriend miles away. But what would be better than talking to her is meeting her.
    But I've got not that much experience with it yet.
    Good luck!!!:slight_smile:

10. halfaxa

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Long-distance relationships can either be one of the best or worst things to ever happen to you. Of course just like in the real world every relationship is different and the way people will be able to handle it varies. But I think if you both are able to make it work, then by all means stick with him. :eusa_clap

11. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think what Magotree said is where it's at.

I think you should meet each other pretty soon to see if it works out in real life. Just be prepared that once you meet physically things could change.

12. JakeHas

It works definitely. I haven't met mine yet, but we've been together for a year and two months. He's basically my world haha. I plan to surprise him at his graduation next year by showing up and meeting for the first time :slight_smile:

But yes, as long as there is true commitment and love between you both, no distance will keep you apart in the long run.

13. tulipinacup

I've been in a 3 year long distance relationship and coming from my experience, it really depends on how you connect with the person. Mind you that it took us over a year to get to know each other. Try to get to know this person well and since you guys both live in the U.S, I think it's easier for you guys to meet together in real life.

14. xxemilyxx

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it can work, my brother has been dating a girl for a few years who lives the otherside of the world! she is moving here anytime now for good :slight_smile: if you really get along and meet up and things are perfect in person spending time together, then why not! eventually one of you would have to think about moving closer is all and if its love then that isnt a problem :slight_smile: