1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get over a hopeless crush?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GeekMonkey, Jun 16, 2014.

1. GeekMonkey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So there's this girl I fell madly in love with.

I've always known she was straight, but she was supportive and we were very good friends for a while.

Then we had a silly fight and she didn't want to talk to me anymore.
    I just couldn't handle it, I thought about her constantly and got more and more obsessed and depressed.

So I wrote her a message to tell her how sorry I am and how much she means to me.
    She replied that she still doesn't want to talk to me, that she doesn't even want me as a platonic friend.

I deleted her number, so I can't send her more stupid messages in the future, but I am absolutely heartbroken.:icon_sad:

I just can't imagine ever meeting someone as perfect as her ever again.
    The thought of never seeing her again, never hearing her voice again - it kills me.
    No matter what I try to do, including dating women who are actually gay, helps me get over my love for her.
    After all I already tried that during those weeks where we didn't talk after the fight.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to get over it?
    My life is difficult enough as it is, the last thing I need is to be depressed because of a girl.
    :help:

2. BelleFromHell

I'm in the exact same situation as you are... :frowning2: