1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I blow my chance?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by emc2, Jun 16, 2014.

1. emc2

I like this coworker of mine who is a girl. But I'm not sure if she likes me. She would surreptitiously presses her whole shoulder and arm against mine once in a while from behind. For example, her whole front right shoulder and arm against my whole back left shoulder and arm when she thinks I'm not aware of it.
    Then one day, she asked me to accompany her to a shop for a takeout lunch. Since it would look awkward if I just agree to it, so I asked her if I could get some small snack or something (I have already taken my lunch). Whereupon she agreed to it. So I went with her to the shop.
    After lunch, she asked out of the blue that I buy her a meal without looking at me. I thought she was fooling around. So, I told her I would tonight during sleep and to meet me in our sleep. She then said she asked me to buy her a meal and I told her to meet me during sleep. She said it without looking at me.
    At night at my home, I realised she may have been serious about the meal. So I texted her jokingly what she would like to have. She never replied. That was last Wednesday.
    The next day she acted as if nothing happened and was her usual self.
    Fast forward to yesterday (Monday). She came to my table to ask me about something. Then she told me that she's on a budget or she wouldn't be able to make the trip with me (we had planned a trip together to go in a few more months and the planning was done in February).
    My questions are:
    1) Was she actually serious about me buying her a meal?
    2) Did I blow my chance?
    3) When she said she's on a budget, was she hinting that she's ready for me to ask her out?
    4) How should I ask her out? (By asking her out, would that automatically tell her that I'm buying her a meal?)
    Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.