1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online Crush

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by twigh, Jun 17, 2014.

1. twigh

twigh Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi, I'm Sadie and I'm a 13 year old cis female, probably asexual. First off, I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. Forums confuse me.

I have been on a website called Tumblr for quite a while now (ever since my 13th birthday). I met this one guy who I called "Zom" (since I didn't know his real name at the time). I immediately started to like him. He was cute, nice to everyone, and made people feel good. I started talking to him a lot, and I learned about his life. He knew I liked him.

He then started dating a girl named Sarah until Christmas when they broke up. I was really sad, because I knew how much she meant to him. I eventually got him feeling better and back to his cheerful self.

In about March of this year, he came out as a girl. She is not trans*. She was pretending to be a boy because she felt boys are respected a lot more. She was then known as Jasmine. That didn't change our friendship. It just meant one thing; she is not a straight boy. She is a straight girl. When she dated Sarah, she said it was a "bicurious adventure" and it is very likely she won't go out with girls again.

My best (Internet) friend, Gabby, knows I like her. She keeps telling me to ask her out and that you never know. The thing is, I'm a huge wimp. I can't do that. I know for certain it wouldn't change how we acted towards eachother, but I do know I would be really depressed knowing that I have "waited" so long just to be rejected, you know? What should I do?

2. IsThisAName

This sounds like trouble all around. You are not going to like what I have to say, but here it is anyway, and please know that I mean well by this and am only saying this in what I believe is your best interest.

Stay away from her. She lied to you about her identity. She told you she was a boy when she is not. You can justify in whichever way you want, but the truth is that she lied about her identity. That is the first red flag that I see in this situation.

The second red flag. She says she dated a girl but that it was just a bicurious adventure. There are two possibilities here. Either she is bisexual and is confused, and therefore writes this off as just an experiment and nothing more. Or, she is straight and just one of those girls who was with a girl as a one time thing. Many straight girls do that. Listen to me--it sounds like she is straight. Believe me when I say that you do not want to go down that path. I know you can't help who you have feelings for, but falling for a straight girl is going to cause you nothing but pain. And even if you could get her to be in a relationship with you, do you really want to be in a relationship with someone who lied to you about her identity for a good deal of time while you were friends?

Second of all, how do you know that she is really a young girl? How do you know she is not some pervy man behind a computer screen? Believe me, I have internet friends as well. The difference is that I have met most of them in person by now after having spoken to them on the phone countless times and I know that they are exactly who they say they are, and the reason I know that they are who they say they are is because they never lied to me in the first place. This is a mess. You do not want to mess with this.

Even with all of the internet stuff aside--she is straight. You do not want to be another experiment and get your heart broken. The same kind of person that lies about her identity of being a boy online is probably the same kind of person that would break a girl's heart just for an experiment. Don't subject yourself to that. Sorry if this offended you, but it is the truth and I am trying to help.

Also, can I ask how old you are now?

3. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

If she lied to you about her gender, maybe she's also 40 and not telling you or something.

4. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I think you need to move on; I completely agree with Isthisaname.

She lied to you, that already proves she isn't trustworthy.

Speaking from experience, never ever date a straight girl, especially one who says it was a "bicurious adventure". To a lot of straight girls a queer woman is like a tampon; It's useful to use once, but then you eventually throw it in the garbage.

Do not allow yourself to get hurt.

5. twigh

twigh Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you all!

6. Howl

I love this. This is so true. And yeah, don't fall for a straight girl. I speak from experience. But just don't go down that path. Like IsThisAName said, how do you know if she isn't just some 50 year old pedophile? It's scary.