1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First lesbian relationship issues- are we doomed?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Purplefrog, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Purplefrog

Purplefrog Guest

I've been with this girl for the past two months. At first it was great; quite early on we were in contact all the time, even when we both were away for a week at a time to see family. I remember when she had been away for the week, and when she returned, we were just looking into each other's eyes very lovingly. It was then we became girlfriends.

More recently however things just don't seem as lovey-dovey from her end. She sent a jokey text last week about me making a grammatical error (which I had pointed out) - and that she was going to dump me as a result! I know she meant it as a joke, but I told her that that text initially made me feel very sick to the stomach. Then last weekend she was at a stag do with her mates. I really don't begrudge her going away, but contact from her was very minimal compared to what it has previously been. She said she was just completely worn out and asleep the times she wasn't drinking. On the Saturday I didn't hear from until 3pm via text. Just generally I felt like she didn't seem to miss me at all - although when I said I was missing her, she did day she was missing me too.

Then yesterday when I finally got to see her, there just wasn't that same spark of "I've missed you" when we saw each other. She said she was still tired. Despite us sitting up for a while to watch the TV with her flatmate, she said she was too tired for sex. This is despite the fact when we both had an awful cold a few weeks back, we still did it. And we hadnt seen eachother since last Tuesday morning due to our diaries clashing (work, stag do etc).

She has said I'm "such a woman" for being emotional. I tried to tell her yesterday how I felt about the weekend, but she said I was being silly for worrying, as there is nothing wrong. I don't know if I am just being irrational or if my gut is telling me something. I do feel that from her side there seems to be some degree of 'cooling'. All I know is that I really like her and am terrified of getting hurt. But maybe I'm pushing her away by my securities?

Am I turning into some crazy woman, or am I being reasonable? I'm so wound up about it, but I don't want to keep on going on about it to her.

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I think she is being very rude to you. Threatening to break up over a typo? Seriously? It may have been a joke, but it isn't funny at all.

The "such a woman" thing was also uncalled for.

That I think is the biggest red-flag: Her attitude.

Besides that, I think some people just act differently in relationships. Personally, although I enjoy relationships, I'm also a loner and I don't want to be around a partner every day or sometimes even every other day. I actually broke up with my ex-girlfriend for the reason that she was just too clingy and tried to call me or interact with me every day. I don't know if I'm getting that from this story, but this girl could be in a mood where she just needs some space for a while (Not that it excuses her behavior).

If It's not that, it could be because she's losing interest and trying to hide it from you, which is very unfortunate and wrong on her part. I would say give her some space for a few days and wait until she either tries to message you; or if she doesn't try to contact her and have a serious conversation after the wait.

Good luck, hope it isn't serious :icon_sad:

3. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This.