1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to find gay/bi guys?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by PrinceFabulous, Jun 17, 2014.

1. So, I had a guy I'd been seeing for a month. It was LDR, and he...very recently broke up with me. I was quite depressed for a bit, but I managed to pull myself back up, and I really want to meet gay/bi guys. But... I'm fourteen. And I live in the bible belt. Not a good combination... Any advice?

2. softbutch5765

Actually, there are a lot of gay dating sites for men (more than women, imho). You can start from there.

I was once employed as a gay matchmaker (I know, it's an unusual job... but I thought it was fun and tried it out!), and we were actually looking for dating partners for closet gays, for a few dollars of subscription... based on location, preferences, interests, etc. :slight_smile: It's a cool service for shy people and we were trained to find these potential partners online. Haha, makes me wish there was a similar service for lesbians too.

3. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

Dating sites are probably not a good idea if you're 14.
    I have a hunch that you won't be allowed to sign up to any anway.

I'm afraid you'll just have to be open and on the lookout, but always remember, chances of finding someone raise immensely when you're NOT searching. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    dude your 14 why start looking for someone from now live your life don't stress yourself out about being single
    i really think these days teens are trying to act older than their age i mean just an advice i really think teens should start dating from 16 or 17
    not 11 or 13 nor 14 !
    honey you will find your real love when you grow up dating in your teens have a chance of 99% to be worthless and wont really stay too long there is only 1% that it would really last till you two grow up and maybe move in together and i never really heard of people who stayed together since they were kids
    17 maybe but 14 no i didn't
    if i were you i would just stay away till i think i'm really ready for someone instead of wasting my time and then getting hurt

5. LD579

I would suggest against dating sites as you're 14 and underage and that'd be unfair to others who are on those sites. Instead of focusing on a relationship, I'd say it might be better to focus on making friends in general. If there're any LGBT teen meet ups or events where you live, then you could try going to those too as they're a good way to meet others and feel less like an anomaly. As you grow older, more people become self-aware and more people start to come out, so there's that, as well.

6. softbutch5765

I'm sorry I missed out on the detail of you being fourteen! Anyway, you won't be allowed in dating sites if you're not above 18. So yeah, just don't go there.

Just have friends for now, or if there are any lgbt teen meetups then you can give it a shot.