1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my mom locked me in her car against my will

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by stocking, Jun 18, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My mom told me before that she needed to go to a hair appointment and then she will come back and pick me up to go to the mall. So I took some time in the bath room to make some finishing touches on my make up. Then my dad came and told me my mom changed her mind and is going to the mall instead of to her hair appointment. I went outside forgetting my keys in the house. I asked her if what my dad said is true and she said no she's still going to get her hair done. I told her I forgot my key and I will go and get them and hurry right back and that's when she locked the doors and drove with me in it. I found it strange , I told her if she's just going to get her hair done , I will wait for her at the house til she's done. I honestly hate going there because sometimes my mom just sits there and bad talks me with her hair dress or with any friends she has. But she kept driving and wouldn't let me out even though I asked her kindly too . I kept thinking wow she's holding me against my will and I got a panic attack because I was freaked out. She's very controlling and our house is abuse I also don't trust her because when i was a child she would lie to me and tell me she was going some where and we would end up going to another place that she never mentioned or she would say the place she was going to and tell me she would take me where I wanted to go after and then she would only go to the place she wanted to go and never end up going where I want to go. she has done this to me countless times when I was a child .
    My dad said I acted strange and I was wrong but honestly I don't get why my mom can't tell me the truth about things she always lies or tells me one thing and I don't find out what it is when it's actually happening . She'll talk about her marital problems which I don't care for but she never feels the need to be honest with me about simple stuff , it's always constant lies . I know I'll probably get punished to night or something when she gets back .
    This week is terrible since she's taking a weeks vacation from her job and it seems like every time she does that things get worse for me . When I was in the car I remembered all the trauma I felt during my child hood it's like I had flash back . I'm currently saving money to leave and get out but man i wish I could make more money faster for my own health and safety

#1 stocking, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  2. Howl

Dang. That's.. harsh. And sad. Have you tried calling the cops or something? I don't know. That's harsh. ;-; I fell so bad for you. I'm sorry. </3

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I wanted too I really did but didn't I guess sadly because she's my mom but she had no right to lock me in the car against my will

4. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Exactly, she doesn't have that right.

I'm sorry this has happened to you.

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    thanks my dad is saying i was wrong and my mom is saying I'm crazy for just leaving but I really can't stand her lying about everything not just this . A few months back I had the cold and she never told me people were going to come and take down my bed there I was on the bed sick as hell coughing then a guy comes in my room with my mom , he apologizes and my mom said don't worry about her just take down her bed . I was forced to rest on the couch while sick this was when I was banned . she never told me the night before or even a days before that they were coming and she always does this to me . What hurts me the most was she didn't have the heart to tell me the truth about anything and on top of that went as far as locking me in the car to get her way .
    So now as punishment I have to apologize or my dad will not show up for my birthday this week

#5 stocking, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  6. BelleFromHell

I'm in a similar situation, except I have to get my GED, get my learner's permit, and go to college before I can get a job. All I can say is hang on. (*hug*)

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks I'm trying my best (*hug*)

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,
    I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Obviously it was completely inappropriate and unreasonable. Your mother clearly has no boundaries and is still treating you like a child.

So you need to stand up for yourself. This may mean moving out of their home if you're still living there, as they are entitled to set some rules while you're under their roof. But refusing to let you out of the car? No, that's kidnapping.

Of course, if you call the cops, she likely will either deny it, throw you out of the house, or both... people with no boundaries don't take kindly to boundaries being imposed, even if they are reasonable ones. But it sounds like there were some very, very serious issues with your upbringing, and your dad is either complicit or too much of a pushover to stand up to your mom.

Getting out of there, and getting therapy would be a great start to a healthier situation for you.

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm thinking of seeing a therapist , but right now I'm saving up money to move but I don't have enough . what are ways I could make save a lot of money fast . I use to skip dinner and eating not eating for a few days to save money by not buying groceries . I also got a secret account to hide away money but I need to do more .

10. xxemilyxx

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    whoah im so sorry that your mum treats you like that, it sounds like its her way or the high way as far as shes concerned, if after all these years she still doesnt see she is in the wrong about anything then i doubt she ever will :frowning2: if i was you i would just stop going places with her and make some excuse as to why you will not be going, untill you can move out.

11. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Rent cost 2200 and more in my town I just don't know how I'm gonna be able to get out :icon_sad:

12. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wait, there's nowhere in Connecticut I can think of that's more expensive than California or NYC, and there are 2 bedroom apartments, or 4 bedroom houses where people split rent for waaaaaaay less than $2200 a month. Check out craigslist.org in the "roommates" section and you can get an idea of rents in your area.

There is also Section 8 housing, which is subsidized by the federal government, and is very cheap if you have low income. There's usually a waiting list, but you could apply now, and live in a crappy roommate situation until you get eligibility for it (or a decent paying job.) It sounds like almost anything would be better than living with your parents.

13. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    yeah how do I stay safe on craigslist ? . I think i'll save a little more cash and try craigslist
    thanks chip

14. FireRose2071

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am so sorry you're going through all of this. I understand exactly what you're going through. My ex-step mother had a lot of boundary issues, too, and she treated me like a child, believing me to be underdeveloped (I was a preemie) with the mind of a teenager. Gosh, it was awful...luckily, she kicked me out less than a year ago, and I've started therapy and whatnot.
    I send hugs~ Best of luck, I hope things get better!

15. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    did you finish college or not yet?
    if not there are some student discounts on apartments and also there are student loans who would make you borrow money and return it back by paying monthly a little amount of money or something like that this always help out even if your not a student many bang accounts can offer you to borrow some money and return it by paying them monthly my parents used a similar plan to rent a house when they first got married its really a helpful plan

16. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As far as housing, Craigslist is pretty safe. If you want to be really cautious, go with a friend to look at any property you're considering, and then spend some time getting to know the person you'd be living with. If it's the right potential roommate s/he will want to get to know you as well before making a decision.

Also, one quick tip: never, ever, ever follow up with any ad where you respond and they give you some story about traveling in another part of the world, or suddenly being transferred and having to do this via Craigslist. They'll always ask for your rent and security deposit up front, via Western Union... and of course the property doesn't exist and you're being scammed. This happens much more commonly with single family homes for rent, but scammers are everywhere.

17. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I didn't finish college, I'm a bit scared of student loans I'm not sure if I could pay that back.

---------- Post added 19th Jun 2014 at 12:34 PM ----------

I'll look out for those thanks chip , I was really looking in the wrong places.

---------- Post added 19th Jun 2014 at 12:38 PM ----------

Thanks for your kind words, sometimes I think if I got kicked out I would be happier

18. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

I'm in a really similar situation with my father. All I can say is smile and nod until you can get the hell out of there. Avoid physical confrontations at all cost. Even if it compromises your emotions for the time being, just survive until you can move on and thrive.