1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it really worth it?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Water lover, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Water lover

Water lover Guest

So I have been feeling a little distraut lately about feeling with other people and I was wondering is it really worth it waiting and trying so hard to find the right person. Or just finding another person in general. Does it really seem to be good and nice to have someone that cares more for you than your friends. I guess I have been so stressed out and been hearing so many negative things in here I have become a little numb to what I am really forward to in relationships.

2. Phoenix Rising

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've always believed it's better to not look to hard. I mean obviously, you need to at least put yourself out there, and just let whatever happens, happens. If you stress out too much about things, it sucks all the fun out of dating and relationships. Not everyone you meet is going to end up being "the one" but it doesn't mean you can't enjoy your time with them while it lasts. Best case scenerio you get to have a new friend if nothing more. Things tend to happen when you are ready for them to happen, so just relax, don't worry too much, don't think too much, and don't look too hard...just live your life and good things will come. Friendships are great, and friends will always be there for you, but I find after I'm single for too long, I miss the feeling of being cared for, loved...I miss the physical intimacy, and knowing that someone finds me attractive. But that's just me, another person could have a completely different view.

3. Water lover

Water lover Guest

I mean I just asked because I am closeted and coming out and talking to people is utterly terrifying even in the best of circumstances thank you for the quick reply and I rally enjoyed hearing someone conferm I am just not going crazy about going on.

4. DangerAlex

I just wanted to echo the sentiment of not looking too hard. I have found that your potential partners will come into your life when you least expect.

5. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I feel like It's easier to find someone if you don't look too hard and you keep the positive attitude that "being single isn't so bad, but I'll accept someone who wants to date me".

People are more attracted to confidence and contentment with one's self. When I was desperate for a relationship, I felt I was turning people away from me because I came off as needy or 'needing someone in my life'.