1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone for everyone?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Phoenix Rising, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Phoenix Rising

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Just been wondering about this recently...is there really someone out there for everyone, someone that was made specifically just for you, and it's up to you to find them, or is that just a pipe dream? I know that no relationship is perfect, but it just seems like people leave each other a lot of the time too easily...for stupid reasons or flaws in their personality. Like someone falls for you because you're good looking, then when they realize the rest of you is not perfect, they bail...?

2. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Because they have never really loved. Because they want to be in a relationship just "because they don't want to be alone anymore" :dry:

I'm waiting for a person who answers, to the question "why do you want to find a partner?", this -> "Because I have the desire to donate myself completely to my love."

3. LonestarConnie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  4. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a believer in soul mates, but not the spiritual, superstitious kind. It's just almost impossible to think that, out of about 7.2 billion people, you won't find your other half.

5. JohnB

I know that there is someone out there for everyone, but there's one thing that personal experience has taught me is that if there is the perfect one for you out there, there's a reason you haven't found them yet, and the reason is simple. You gotta love yourself first and once you do, you will enjoy life much better, you'll experience many things that'll take you for a great ride in life.

It is stupid how I didn't realize this till recently, and reason anyone hasn't found their's yet is because their one are going through the same thing, if you do your part you will find them.

Sorry if it come across as mumbo jumbo, but once you do love yourself, nothing can tell what will come your way, live life for yourself and everything will come to you.

6. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe there are people out there for everyone--I don't believe there is somehow only one perfect mate out there for everyone though. I think there are a lot of people out there that one could build a perfect life with--when one is ready.

7. Phoenix Rising

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    JohnB, that is very good advice, and very true, thank you.

8. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I totally agree with this. So many people are looking for someone to fix their life for them and they forget to ask themselves--would anyone as wonderful as the person I'm looking for want to share the life I've built? Build a life that a wonderful person would want to share and I firmly believe one will come along to do so.

9. Julieno

I don't think that there is someone specifically made for anyone per se. Imo it is more about finding someone you are compatible with and falling in love with him or her.
    I think no one is going to be perfect from the beginning but once you fall in love the imperfections do not matter anymore (or you even begin liking them) and you can work together to successfully get over them.

This may be a controversial opinion but I also think that assuming that someone perfect is just going to appear is too much of a gamble. I think it is worth giving things a shot as long as you are sincere. Yeah you risk being hurt if you develop feeling for the other person and are not corresponded, but if you do not risk anything its unlikely that you will win.

10. DangerAlex

I don't believe in soulmates, unless each person has more then one, maybe many. I don't but the one person for everyone thing. As has been mentioned, that just makes the odds of finding that one person too slight. It would probably be rare. I believe that there are quite a few people that would be nearly perfect for any one person, but the world is large so they're spread out and we still have to find them.

And I think we date until we find one of the people that would be right for us and that's who we stay with, with whom we combine our lives. I think, even just statistically speaking, something like this is more realistic.

11. JohnB

Don't mention it. :slight_smile:

12. Emmanuella

I don't think there is someone out there for everyone... I really WISH that were the case, but I just don't think so.

I think that there are people that are most suited for certain people than others, and some that are far more compatible. I also agree, it seems people find the smallest reasons to bail when things are just a little shaky. Then, they are off to look for something new and exciting.

Nobody will ever click perfectly and have the perfect relationship without some good effort on both parts and a lot of sacrifice, in many instances...I shouldn't even say "perfect relationship", as that likely doesn't exist (although, who knows right?!). But I think these things just take a lot of effort to maintain. Just my opinoin...

13. Mercedes Benz

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have to believe there is that perfect someone for everybody. In my case being a guy that likes guys it seems to be very difficult to find that perfect mate. Maybe I what to find that guy so badly to share my life with that my judgement is clouded a bit thus having me hope that my special someone is out there and all we have to do is find a way to bring us together. I will still be hoping that is the case.

14. Ned B

Funny, my friends were just talking about this over the weekend. I'm not one to believe in fate or destiny, so I'm also not one to believe that there is a one special partner for each person. However, I would like to think that each person has at least one person out there that will fall in love with them.

There's not just one soul mate for each person in the world; there are several, otherwise most of us would never find them. Nor is there any person who is a 100% match (nor do I believe that would be desirable), but many compatible people. It's all about finding someone with a mutual attraction, compatible personalities, interests, and life goals, and most importantly dedication and commitment. If two people are committed, they can work through a lot of their differences.

15. GeekMonkey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope, it's hogwash.
    That being said there are plenty of people around, and even if you'll never meet your soulmate, you'll still be able to meet people to have fun with.
    Life isn't all about love anyways, this ain't no Hollywood movie, you can live a happy and fulfilled live without a soulmate.

16. thekillingmoon

Maybe, but I doubt I'll ever meet them.