1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused on how to act towards a girl

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by sugarskull, Jun 19, 2014.

1. sugarskull

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've become friends with a girl I work with. Usually when this happens, we just chit chat at work and facebook no biggie.

But then theres this girl. Shes gay. And I have a crush on her. She doesn't know obviously. I know she has a girlfriend. We get along so incredibly well and talk with ease its almost scary. I have never had someone like this. She asked for my number yesterday so we can be "best friends" as she called it.

We talk about everything except our personal lives. (as in she never mentions her gf, I never mention my bf)

So I havent had a close girl friend in like 10 years. I can't tell if I'm paranoid if I feel like I'm flirting a bit...or if thats just how girls act when they are friends. I feel weird if I text her first (tho I did) I think its all in my head. And I should just go with it, but I don't want to cross any lines.

I keep posting asking for advice for everything with this girl. I am so confused. Lol..

BTW: I'm not looking to cheat. I just honest to god have no idea how to act to a girl thats a friend...thats more than just a at work friend. I think my feelings for her are confusing it all and making me think everytime I text her I'm flirting...

2. DancingGirl

Hey Sugar. So I have read several of your threads now. First you worry to much about how to act around girls. Just be yourself. Don't fake anything. If you are a flirt you're a flirt. Doesnt mean ya wanna take them home.
    If you just want to be their friend be it. Do you act differently around guys? Maybe you do really need to visit the whole gay thing. If you are that nervous about how to act around a girl....maybe its because you are thinking about how cute she is. Just a thought. So are you happy with your bf? This is personal but do want to have sex with him? I saw in another thread that he "talked you out of being bi" Not sure how I feel about that. Those are you feelings and if he isnt comfortable with who you are. I mean you can be bi and still love him very much. Just means you could've met a girl and felt the same way.
    So do you get nervous around guys like you do girls? I see them both the same. I find both attractive. But dont really get nervous around either.
    Well duty calls. Hopefully we can get back to this.

3. sugarskull

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes and no. I am a nerdy awkward person. But its different with her. Usually I'm just afraid of sounding childish around men or anyone else. Her... I can talk to effortlessly. We have actually been texting all day and its so nice to talk about something other than kids...and remember what its like to have actual conversations.
    Sex, well it feels more like something I have to do to make him happy. 80% of the time I'm counting the minutes til it is done. And I'm always off in my own world. So no, I don't enjoy or want sex with him.
    I do love him. Hes my best friend. We get along very well...except for the sex and affection department. He wants more, and I just...want to sit and eat ice cream.

4. DancingGirl

Well I can pretty much relate to all of that. Except talking about kids. My husband doesnt ever talk about our girls. When I was still talking to my crush. That was one of the things we enjoyed talking about. She had way more involvement than him. Anyway...I have to wonder about her feelings towards you if you have been texting all day. Can I ask what kinds of things you two talk about? My girl and I talked about everything when we would get on a texting spree. It was great.

5. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Sugar, no you're not paranoid, I think you do flirt with her. You have crush on her, you said that. You live straight life for 10 years but that doesn't necessarily mean you're straight, right?
    This sounds kinda familiar. I have a bf of 13 yrs, no kids though. We've been together so long and through so many things but the last years I love him more or less "only" as a best friend. Like you, I don't want or enjoy sex with him.
    I was living completely straight life until I met a girl online last year. I didn't know she's lesbian at first but from the very beginning I was drawn to her and gradually developed feelings for her. I knew I can't be with her for tons of reasons so I never told her how I felt but she changed my life, even though she's not aware. She helped me realize who I am and I eventually accepted that I'm gay.
    I don't say it's what will happen, I just wanted to say that the friendship with her could be tricky and confusing for you in case you're lesbian or bi leaning to women.

6. sugarskull

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I just opened up to her about my daughter. it was nice. But we usually just talk about whats going on with our day, silly things, snapchat each other goof ball faces. We texted for like 6 hrs the other day while i was at work. I just smile way too damn much talking to her. Sigh.