1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've been single for my entire life.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LonestarConnie, Jun 19, 2014.

1. LonestarConnie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Do people worry about being single?

I would like to hear people's thoughts and opinions on the subject.

Best,

Connie

2. laurenc

laurenc Guest

I honestly worry about being single allot,some days I feel that no one will date me but when no one is attracted to you it is hard to see someone being attracted and it hurts.

3. BelleFromHell

I do, because I'm a lonely, friendless bitch.

4. KayJay

I used to not care until I became comfortable in my own body. Now I get depressed because I can't connect with anyone :frowning2:

5. LonestarConnie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Aww KelsC (*hug*)

6. Emulator

Sometimes I think it'll be nice to be with someone, but most of the time I don't mind.

7. Acm

Acm Guest

I worry about this a lot...I've never dated or kissed anyone so I worry I won't have enough experience for when I'm older. I'm really shy too

8. mangotree

I used to worry about it a lot.

Looking back, I think it was because:
    I felt incomplete i.e. thinking that a partner would complete me.
    I felt inferior to people who were in relationships.
    I had a very fanciful (but unrealistic) image in my mind about what being in a relationship would be like.

I later realised (not that long ago), that those things either aren't true or don't matter.

I also thought that loneliness was a result of not being loved by someone / having someone to love romantically, but it was actually because I didn't love myself.

It took me many years and lots of soul searching to come to those conclusions and realisations.
    I hope you find something similar in yourself someday soon too.

Peace be with you (*hug*)

9. Loira

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I do worry a lot about it... I used to think I didn't, that I was OK being alone but it was one big lie. I guess I was trying to avoid the realities of actually trying to find somebody.
    Now it's getting worse and I am constantly feeling that I'll always be alone and I feel extremely lonely, that no one will ever love me. And of course most of friends are getting married, having kids and I'm stuck in the same situation I was in when I was a teenager (day dreaming about having a great relationship only to realize I'm still alone); it's like the world around me keeps moving on without me.

10. Phoenix Rising

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think you already know that I do...lol

11. LonestarConnie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    lol, Yep (*hug*)

12. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I prefer being single and would like to remain that way as long as humanely possible.

13. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm really shy and not very social either, so yeah.

14. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess.

I feel like I want to be with someone, but the thought seems like a silly fantasy.

15. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't been single in a long time but I will say that worrying about it may not be helpful. I met my partner of 16 years literally a week or two after I finally decided I was genuinely alright with being single for a while and was no longer looking for a partner.:lol:

16. McShuggles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have never kissed a boy before, only girls. I don't actually know what it's like to kiss or even feel romantically inclined with another person who I find attractive (except girls, but I'm gay so yeah...) and this worries me deeply as it's something I kind of long for. I like to feel loved and appreciated; I yearn for someone to just love me for who I am, as at my young age I have been let down a lot in the past (mostly just me being a fool I guess), and it's kind of made me quite cynical about relationships yet I remain extremely open to them at the same time. I am actually really jealous of people and my friends who are in relationships as I feel I'm ready for one and I want to experience what it feels like to be 'in love' so bad.

To answer your question bluntly though, yes, it deeply bothers me that I am still single. It makes it even worse when I read stories online of boys my age (or sometimes even younger) who have had gay experiences - and even boyfriends, yet here I am still yet to have another boy even look at me in that sense, or when I read the "does he like me back story" and the other boy involved quite obviously does like the poster back. It all just seems storybook to me. And it gets me very envious.

17. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have never even had more than a hug, let alone a chance at a relationship. I used to be fine with that, but now I want someone to actually give me a chance. I have spent too many years alone and isolated, and it affects my mental and physical health. I am pretty darn lonely at this point, even though I have lots of things in my life that I enjoy. It's hard when I don't have someone to share it with.

18. LetLoveIn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It is such a struggle being single. My best friend got married last month and half the tears I shed at her wedding I couldn't say where they came from; joy for her or my own sadness.

I dated a guy earlier this year and this just did not pan out. Which was a good thing because while we had several things in common, we were not compatible. In retrospect, I had a fairy tale relationship in mind- that's never healthy. And so, now I am stressing this new relationship I am entering into. Again, unhealthy. But I do know I was not meant to be single and am hoping I find someone soon.

19. Cthulhu

I've been single all my life (and yes, I'm still a virgin), and all I have to say is that you shouldn't force yourself into a relationship. As long as you find the right person, that's all that matters. It's better to be single and happy than to be in an unhappy relationship.

20. PalestrinaMX

When I was in high school I always wanted that high school relationship experience. Unfortunately it never happened. I do hope to find someone some day.