1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have an issue

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dactyl, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Dactyl

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey!

Recently, me and this guy became friends through my other friend, and he's really cool and we seem to really get on and it's great because I never usually get on with other (straight) guys and it made me feel like I was finally normal and I had a good friend and it could turn in to something good.

But then my stupid mind kicked in. He asked to hang out and I said yes and I really wanted to, but instead of thinking about being friends whenever I think about seeing him or I see a photo I just think about being with him in a relationship, I think I have a crush on a straight guy? It's so frustrating because I know he's straight and he doesn't even know I'm gay and I don't want to ruin my only male 'friendship' because I can't stop feeling this way towards him.

Obviously I can't tell him anything, but do you have any ideas about how I could get over it and be normal with him? :bang:

2. MycroftTARDIS

I've had the experience and added complications of really crushing on dudes who are my friends too! I think you should just act like you do with your other friends; that's what I do with my crushes, who I'm pretty sure are all straight + mostly don't know I'm trans (which technically means I could be in a relationship with them 'casue they mostly think I'm female...). And if acting normal is a little too hard? Well I don't really know because I'm really bad with relationships so...