1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Female Friend Loves Me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Innerwars, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Innerwars

New York, U.S.A., Earth, The Galaxy, The Universe
    Before I had came to the conclusion that I was gay, I had dated my best friend for around a week total because I thought maybe it would help with me sexuality.... issues. We then broke up, coolly, and became best friends again. Now, about a little more than a year later, she says she loves me and always has.
    I already came out to most people that I was gay- most reactions weren't really the cherry on top of a sundae (I hope I spelled that right =P)- and she is always dating someone different every few weeks or so. I told her that I am gay and that's that but she just kept pressing me saying how do I know I am not bi or something. I got really annoyed and angry and said "Because I dated you." I didn't mean it and I apologized and she accepted.
    Then she started again and again. My problem is that she just won't stop pestering about my sexuality, not in the homophobic way, but by trying to convince me that I am bi and it's driving me insane because I know what I like. She keeps trying to tell me that I should not crush on this guy because of so and so and that guy for that, ect. She still is my best friend but is being controlling over everything... I just don't know how I tell her no, I'm not interested- maybe I'm too nice? Noo, I'm not nice =P.... Please, advice.

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

It seems like she just wants to believe you're bi because she wants to be with you again. You're going to need to set boundaries.

3. McShuggles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think, as harsh as it sounds, you're going to need to tell her straight. I think she needs to understand that you 2 are just friends and can never be nothing more, and by her acting this way, it is slowly crushing your relationship. I think you need to just be brutally honest and tell her straight up. Maybe she really needs her feelings hurt in order for her to come to her senses? But don't be too harsh, remind her that she is your best friend and that you want to continue being as such. Might not be the best advice, but it's my 2 cents :slight_smile:.