1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

threatened to get kicked out

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GayNurse95, Jun 23, 2014.

1. GayNurse95

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My parents are getting much more strict on me since coming out.
    I was given certains time I could shower, times to wake up and times to eat.
    ITs ridiculous.
    My step mother has been getting on me for having a loud door lock. She confronted me using vulgar language in front of my 1 year old nephew and treated my 15 year old nephew to cookies while I got dirty looks.
    Then.. recently, After telling my niece (10) that I had a girlfriend (she was okay with it) I got confronted. Again. And my dad is still bringing it up. He said If I keep talking about my "gayness in the house or express it, I'll get kicked out.
    What should I do?
    P.S. I got a wonderful girl who I talk to daily, And I did confirm she's a real person (Vid chat) She and I have the same beliefs, and have liked each other for awhile. She does have to redo some courses in high school next year due to flunking, but she is going to finish and get her diploma. We love each other deeply, and hope it will work out…
    I do have a job at walmart and get paid well.
    I am going to collage in August.

2. lovely lesbian

I'm sorry you are going through this that is horrible what are trying to achieve by doing this to you?

3. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly I would just ignore them and continue ,ur step mom isn't ur real mom. So ignore them ,ur going to college soon and have a job just keep low til u have ur own place :slight_smile:

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It doesn't sound like your parents are reasonable, but it also doesn't sound like you stand up to them very much.

I'd have a fallback plan -- friends, family, or someone you can couch surf with if they do actually throw you out. I suspect what's actually going on is they are threatening that to try and change your behavior, but won't actually go through with it. But you want to cover yourself in case they do.

And then, set clear boundaries. Say that you are who you are, that won't change, and you aren't going to deny it... but you can agree to not have your girlfriend over or otherwise do anything under their roof that would offend their values. My guess is they will huff and puff, but won't actually throw you out.

5. DreamingLove

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So if you are going to collage soon I think you can be silent for a while.They can say whatever they want but just ignore them after you go to collage it wont matter.

6. BelleLey

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I agee with DreamingLove, try to hang in there till college, then you'll be free of all that.