1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling isolated

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Fandom obsessed, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Fandom obsessed

A lot of the time I struggle with feelings of isolation. As a lesbian in my area it just feels impossible to make friends and find other lesbians. I try to be open minded and nice but that just doesn't seem to do anything. I don't want to be super creepy and constantly look for other lesbians or try to force them into friendship but a lot of times I feel lonely. It doesn't really help that I'm mostly a femme so I feel invisible a lot of the time. I just don't know how to make lgbt friends :confused: or friends in general XD Has anyone else ever felt this way?

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Very.

I am a closeted homoromantic trans man, and offline, only one person knows that. Hopefully, I will be able to be freer in high school, but the future is obscure and I can't dispel the fog from it. So I'll just have to wait.

Despite the low percentage of LGBT people seen in surveys, the population is actually much higher than what it seems like. Why? Because people don't want to face their sexual orientation and/or gender identity, or they simply don't want to disclose their personal information. So, there's a possibility that, even if you think everyone around you is straight, they really aren't.

I haven't been to one, personally, but perhaps you can consider going to a LGBT group if you're allowed to go. Or pride events! I heard both can help with making friends.

3. Fandom obsessed

Yeah I love pride parades they're fun! I'm thinking about helping out more in my gsa at school. Hopefully eventually I can make friends :slight_smile:

4. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, that's another way to go about it. Hopefully there is a GSA at my school as well.

5. Fandom obsessed

I hope so the people are nice :slight_smile:

6. guijin lesbian

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I live at a overseas american base in Asia, the base has one LGBT group but its only for adults though. There is one open lesbian at my school but she HATES me... Like she bullied me in fifth grade. I feel so alone luckily i came out to my friends but now shes moving and the others are on vacation, only one of my friends are still here and lives an hour away. Im so alone.

7. Fandom obsessed

I'm sorry :frowning2: I'll be your friend. I know that feeling too well you shouldn't have to be alone.

8. Sophia1995

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I just understood that im bisexual, and even if im still open for relationships with guys i feel more attracted to women i think. But people see me as straight and the fact that i can still flirt with guys and all makes me worry about girls being afraid of taking it to antoher level with me because they will assume me being straight.. so yeah i can totally relate to you feeling isolated :/