1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it best to completely cut-off my relationship with my ex-boyfriend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by tulipinacup, Jun 24, 2014.

1. tulipinacup

So forgive me If I will talk about this again (I have posted an old thread about this) but I have been in a 3 year LDR with my ex-boyfriend and he broke up with me because I lied and
    "cheated" on him. It's been 41 days now since the break up happened and last week I messaged him basically asking him what I need to do because I really did care for him and I still do and the only thing I wanted right now was for him to completely heal from this mess I made.

He has already forgiven me but I really don't feel better from it and in fact it makes me even worse because at this point I just want to protect and help him get through everything. He did say that he wanted to be alone and talking to me creates bad memories. He says he was willing to be friends again but for now he needs peace.

I completely respect his decision but I've been thinking that maybe it's not a good idea to be friends with him again because I know that there will be triggers of bad memories and it will just make it shitty all over again (not to mention he has OCD).

He was not only my ex but also (was) my best friend and it hurts so bad to think that leaving him alone forever is probably the only way to completely recover himself from all of this. Sorry if I'm rambling but what do you think I should do?

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd think it's best to just let it go.