1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Religion and School

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by DreamingLove, Jun 24, 2014.

1. DreamingLove

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I live in turkey where religion classes are forced.Even if you are a christian living in turkey you must take them.I dont have a religion myself and I dont believe in god but I was ok with this class because it felt like general information about Islam until the teacher started promoting hate towards gay people.He said gays should be shamed and excluded from society.I was so pumped up to stand up and say a word but I couldnt.After calss I asked my
    ex-Best friend for her thoughts about it and she said she agreed with him.I was sad and felt like betrayed.We had a fight afterwards(was about something else)then I never spoke to her.
    This is ruining my school life because I have to take the class and remember these kinda things for exams!I hate this and it really sucks.Everyone in my class are seeming to be homophobes now.I feel alone and sole.
    What do i do? there seems to be no gay-friendlyor openly gay people around my age which is reasonable in a society like this.But how am I going to meet people like me?:tantrum:

2. GeekMonkey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How old are you? How much longer do you have to go to school?
    If it's only one or two more years I'd say tough it out.
    If you're the braver kind, make a bit of a fuss. Call your teacher out on it, learn your scripture and debate them, or maybe protest, refuse to go to class, whatever.
    How much does that class contribute to your overall grade?

Then I'd move to a larger city when you're older, I've heard Istanbul is gayer than thought.
    Or move abroad, plenty of turks here in Germany and many of them seem fairly cool with LGBT folks.

3. DreamingLove

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm 15 so there is still 3 more years until i go to collage. :frowning2: