1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christianity has denied me love twice, I cant believe in it anymore

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by falcenav, Jun 25, 2014.

1. falcenav

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ive been christian growing up. Not so much anymore.

First offense:

Homosexuality is a sin. Ok, so I cant love anyone physically/sexually. No marriage. Wow

Second Offense:

You shouldnt date those not of the Christian faith. Ive recently been interested in a girl, and I want to date her to see if I could actually like girls and If I just have gay temptations. So this girl is perfect; she is cute, adorable, smart, kind, artistic, and actually participates in sports. She is a hindu. Christians arent supposed to date/marry nonbelievers.

Ive been denied any type of love because of Christianity, and Im angry. God is supposed to be loving and you should feel his love. I feel nothing. If im not going to be allowed love, and Im not being shown any love by God....Im not believing anymore.

But this makes a problem. im expected to be active in church because I have gone all my childhood, and I dont want to be. I cant. My parents would become angry with me if I publicly denounced my faith, and Id lose some friends too.

I wouldnt consider myself athiest. Its just become a matter I no longer want to deal with.

2. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dude Christianity as been alter we u can join other faiths yknow ? I have trans gender boyfriend and I'm muslim :slight_smile: I love my boyfriend very much and the quran supports lgbt other people have to see the quran 's meaning to be true believers to be muslim. Don't worry and live ur live safely ,with fun and love :slight_smile: my boyfriend is muslim too :slight_smile:

3. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, I am sorry that you are going through all of this. I understand how you feel and how hard it is to handle. You see, I lost my faith a month ago, and part of it was because of the Church's (with big C) opinion on homosexuality. Once I came to term that I am infact bi, I knew that there were no changing that. I never really thought of it as a sin, at least for others, it is harder when it is for yourself. I sorta came to terms with the idea that I be both, but not really I was trying. Then about three weeks after I came out I started dating my current boyfriend who is an FTM transguy, bisexual and atheist. So not only is this a same-sex relationship involving two bisexuals, and was also a Christian and an atheist relationship. Each of these within themselves would be difficult, but you but the two of them together it was so difficult. As time went on I came to realize that I could no longer be a Christian, and it was actually dangerous for me to be a Christian, so I walked away from my faith in order to be happy, and to be honest that was one of the best decisions that I could have made for myself.

We each have our own stories, and I hope you reading some of mine can show you that you are not alone in this. If you want to date someone who is the same-sex as you, then do it. If you want to date someone who is not a Christian that is fine too. It is your life, do feel like you are forced into this small religious box, because you are not. In addition, you do not have to publicly renounce your faith, you do have to tell anyone that you are struggling with your faith or that you no longer have faith.

One suggestion that I will give you is to try and get involved with an Open and Affirming Church or group. Gaychurch.org is an amazing site for resources. In addition, if you ever want to talk I am here for you, and I am more than willing to help you in whatever why that I can. Best of luck, and no matter what choice you make you will be okay, even if you do become and atheist, you will be okay.

4. mangotree

Lol, I was about to suggest that you talk to pheonix89 but she beat me to it :slight_smile:

5. quietman702

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    May I ask your age? Asking as you mention your parents being angry etc., I understand not wanting to lose friends or their approval but it does come to the clear fact "it's your journey" not theirs. Many religions have those they deem not "worthy" by their holy books. Most times it's the group's agenda driving their interpretation not their holy book. I would encourage you to look at the link Phoenix included in her post. No matter what you decide we will stand with you and support you.